Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001
Holy goddamn hell, we're an actual subforum now and I'm told we're going to be around until the end of this election cycle (at least), so we've finally got the green light for a Toxx thread! If any of you idiots want to gamble your accounts on the results of any US primary elections, this is the place to do it. First, some ground rules:

1. :siren: FOR gently caress'S SAKE, DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING AND EAGER TO RISK GETTING BANNED! :siren:
  2. POST THE NAME OF THE CANDIDATE WHO WILL WIN THEIR PARTY'S PRIMARY ELECTION! If you want to showboat about why, specifically, you're so goddamn sure they'll win, feel free. Odds are it'll come back to bite you in the rear end later, anyway
  3. Do not post for more than one candidate for each party! You don't have to choose one for each, but if you do make sure it's just one Democrat and one Republican.*
  4. Do not post more than once in this thread! Keep any commentary in the respective party's primary thread, or anywhere else really, just not here.
  5. Don't edit your post! If the edit message appears on your post I'll presume you're up to something shady, and react appropriately.
  6. YOU WILL BE BANNED IF YOUR CANDIDATE DOES NOT WIN THEIR PARTY'S PRIMARY! Seriously, no requests for probation or other conditional bullshit, moxie up or don't bother.
  7. Do not toxx for the general election. There will be a separate thread, or possibly threads, for that once we're through the primary season madness.

*If for some reason, likely due to extreme head trauma, any of you want to Toxx for some third-party no-hoper in their respective primary they I suppose I won't stop you, but don't expect great acclaim for getting it right (though you will get banned if you get it wrong).

Captain_Maclaine has issued a correction as of 16:14 on Mar 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001
:siren:RULES UPDATE:siren:

Do not toxx for the general election. There will be a separate thread, or possibly threads, for that once we're through the primary season madness.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001
:siren: Rules Update :siren:

Barring the odd lightning strike or something, the GOP primary is now effectively over, so toxxing on that front is for the moment closed. Toxxes for GOP candidates from here on out will not stand, unless you'd likely to commit a very peculiar form of account suicide by toxxing for a GOP candidate who's already dropped out.* If you want to toxx for Trump in the general, just wait a bit until we post the general election toxx thread(s).

The Democrat primary is still live, so if you want to go in for Bernie or Hillary, please feel free.

*To be clear: I will still ban you if you toxx for a failed GOP candidate from this point on.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

thethreeman posted:

I posted this a while before the Wisconsin primaries in the GOP thread. Have bans begun?

This is valid enough to warrant a response, despite my overall desire to keep the thread free of discussion: Trump technically hasn't gotten to the magic mark yet, though it seems quite likely he will, and it's not entirely impossible that the party might choose suicide over a Trump nomination, though it probably won't, so I'd say technically you're still in the running.

But, uhh, I wouldn't make any long-term plans or anything.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

celeron 300a posted:

I agree that it should wait until after the convention to do bans, just in case something crazy happens.

The only big banning tear I'd go on before the conventions would be if any of the three remaining candidates (Hillary, Bernie, Trump) suspended their campaigns or dropped out in some other fashion. But that's enough general discussion for now.

• Locked thread