Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.
YNAB that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.
YNAB is a piece of software plus a budgeting methodology, which is pretty much a glorified "envelope system." The main thing it has done for me is to directly connect me to every movement of money within and to/from my household. It's perfect for the use case of "I make plenty of money but don't know where it all goes."

scuz, I'd investigate the "where has my money been going?" question like you mentioned, and then look into using YNAB for actually budgeting. Your situation isn't abnormal or particularly bad, and it seems like you've got the ability to turn it around pretty fast if you take the initiative and stick to it.

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

Many goons swear by it, I along with others find it hard to follow when people post screenshots.
Hidden Categories > Cocaine and Camaros

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.
So scuz, how'd those numbers look?

• Locked thread