Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

scuz posted:

To answer this, no, they're not. We had Comcast when we first moved to our new house and shortly afterward switched to DirecTV for TV and had to keep Comcast cuz we signed a contract (honestly had no idea we'd done that).
You may be better off paying the early termination fees if there is something you can eliminate. ~$200 now vs $2400 over the course of a contract is worth it if you can eliminate the TV bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

scuz posted:

The most difficult part about having left over money after bills are paid is not going directly to a burger joint over lunch cuz "lookit all that left over money!" My discipline isn't where it should be, but it's certainly getting better. The $800 "left overs" wound up being closer to $400 cuz I forgot about my car payment and had some other unexpected expenses, but hey, at least it wasn't a scramble to figure out how to shuffle the credit card payments around :v:

What I do to avoid this is I automate everything coming out of my paycheck the day it goes in the bank.

I use Capital One 360 (formerly ING), they let you have unlimited sub accounts for savings, so I have a different savings account for different bills/savings goals. Car payment, mortgage, emergency fund, home maintenance, car maintenance, etc. Every other Friday half of my mortgage payment goes straight from my checking account into my mortgage account. Same with all my other bills. Budgeting becomes pretty easy when all your bills are automated, anything left over in my checking account really is money I can spend on whatever I want.

• Locked thread