Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
It's been so long since I've had a TV that it just seems insane to me to spend nearly $100/mo on one. When are your contracts up? Make sure they are not auto-renewing. Find out how long it takes to break out of the TV and phone contract. It may be less than you think or more than you want to pay, but either way you should know where you stand.

But yeah, your food/entertainment/misc category is the real leak here. That's so much money disappearing. Where is that going? Get on Mint or just go to your bank and find the transaction history and go through that, there's really no excuse. Are you using a debit card for all these transactions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

YNAB is "you need a budget" which is a goon-made piece of software for budgeting. Many goons swear by it, I along with others find it hard to follow when people post screenshots.
I also dislike YNAB but whatever, they sent me a free shirt and some people like them. I find either Mint or a simple spreadsheet to be much easier to look at and understand.

• Locked thread