Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's fun to watch your friends learn to play games.

my old roommate had never gamed ever and wanted to try it out after watching me play so much so we gave him Shadow of the Colossus and it took him 3 hours to beat the first colossus. That was kind of excrutiating and he didnt enjoy it, cest la vie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

As awesome as Shadow of the Collossus is, I feel like it really sucks rear end for a first game, because it basically requires you to already understand PS2 platformer games to enjoy it. IMO.

The minimalist UI and game aspects I thought would be a nice introduction, since it's not like you have to be flipping through menus and stat pages and junk, and there's only 2 meters to worry about. But really, in retrospect, I should have booted up Super Mario World

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

[Steve Austin voice] Oh hell. Yeauh.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I encountered a similar feel today playing R.A.D.: Robot Alchemic Drive, but instead of a baffling GUI it was a baffling control scheme that I'm starting to get a grasp on.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bump.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PleasingFungus posted:

Huh, a King's Field level editor? Is this official or fan-made?

It's official, From Software released it in 2000 for PC. Came with a remake of King's Field 1 made in the new software. It never got a US release, but From did give their blessing for people to translate and distribute it freely outside of Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"The original retail price of 9,280 yen[1] came with an unfettered license for unlimited use of King's Field intellectual property. The user created games are able to be freely distributed and or even sold like any other PC game, royalty free and independent of the original Sword of Moonlight software and its minimal EULA." wow

• Locked thread