Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Why aren't dying kids requesting HxH be finished via the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Seems like it would be very beneficial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

This chapter confirms that Togashi is a goon. He looked at the poll and just to test his mettle picked the least popular one to revisit out of nowhere.

Mods, please post the 5 people that voted Heavens Arena. One of them is that sick son of a bitch.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

How did you find a picture of me?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Anyone notice Hisoka's knee bent the wrong way and his leg extra long when he went up on the ceiling? Reminded me of those aliens from that Charlie Sheen film and also that scene in Naked Gun with the really long limbs.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

The End, thanks for reading and stay tuned for Togashi's next manga series, starting the next issue of Shonen Jump!

It also needs to have a message saying he won't pull a Yu Yu Hakusho (and now a Hunter X Hunter) again.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Help us God.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I've been rereading the Greed Island and Ant Arcs recently, and I noticed some things that weren't well thought out.

The first one is that I think Biscuit should have been the one to take on the Bomber, given her experience and strength.

The second is that the three of them trained a certain scenario in which Gon leads the Bomber into a secluded area with a trap floor. The assumption is that they were the ones that would chose their opponents, when in reality it was the Bomber that made that call. He does mention to his allies that he wanted to fight Gon, so it works out anyway. But still, that was an unforeseen scenario. The Bomber could have just as easily chosen Killua, who had no counter to Little Flower.

A third thing is that the Spiders wanted that nen removal ability, but the guy had already used it to remove the bomb from himself. He had to fulfill the condition of removal (touching the Bomber and saying "I caught the bomber") before he could help Chrollo. This is such an important thing to the Spider that during the 3 weeks Gon and co spent preparing to fight the Bomber, the Spider should have made their move first, captured the Bomber (with ease) and the arc would be over.

With the Chimera Ant arc, I think the Dragon Dive during the invasion of the palace was all wrong. Why would the team move in at exactly midnight, and then the lances hit? Better to time the lances to hit first, and than a millisecond after, everyone goes through the portal. That kind of confusion among allies is exactly the kind of thing that could have ruined their plan. There's even that bit about how God's Accomplice might have strengthened after death so nobody would find Knuckles and the geckos dead bodies if they were hit. It was a good scene to show how fast Gon is at thinking on his feet but not a good scene from a planning perspective since supposedly everything was planned to a T to allow for as little room for error as possible.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

No, the timings were the other way around. Hisoka made contact immediately after the dodgeball match, which was 3 weeks before the Gon vs Bomber fight.

As for combat abilities, Greed Island spell cards were only for stealing/targeting/protecting ally/enemy cards/information/location. I think the Spiders could have taken the Bomber out really easily since they still had the element of surprise on their side. Sure, once the Bomber caught on that he was being hunted he'd have to start burning through Accompany's and Return's (although this one would led to an ambush since it always takes you to the same spot outside the city) to escape.

On another note, I just finished the Ant Arc, my first time doing it all in one go, and it honestly is amongst the best arcs I have ever read in any manga before. Which is weird since when I read it during HiatusXHiatus, it still felt good but not so much so as when read together.

Lpzie fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 2, 2016

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Can someone explain why assassins are even trying to pass the Hunter Exam? I feel as if I missed something.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

But why was it such a big deal in the past 2 arcs (election and boat ride) to weed out the assassins from the exam? I always felt like being an assassin in the HxH world wasn't as frowned upon as it is in our world.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Was there a typo in the Viz English translation of Chapter 80 when describing Hisoka's powers? The copy I have says that Hisoka's Bungee Gum cannot stretch more than 10 millimeters if it's not connected to his body but some online scan said 10 meters. I'm inclined to believe 10 meters since he used it on audience members during the current fight to bounce them back at Chrollo.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I wonder if Netero didn't know anything about nen when he went out into the wilderness to dedicate himself to martial arts. Yet his deep convictions and commitment to martial arts gave rise to his nen ability, in much the same way that artists and such develop nen abilities in one specific thing. And since his thing was fighting he ended up with the most boss rear end ability for straight up fighting in the series.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Chrollo should know immediately that those two are dead; the phone should disappear and the page in his book with the copy ability should be blank.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Turns out whale island is actually one of those ships and it's mating season.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Ah, worm toxin. This first emperor must be none other than Leto II Atreides.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I said it before and I'll say it again: Ging is now the new main character of this series. The series always was about a boy looking for his daddy. Gon found his, so his arc is done. Now Ging has to find his daddy.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

That's the biggest problem I have with Nen. It's supposed to be all hush-hush, Hunter Organization secret, but you cannot stop people from disclosing these things to friends, family, the public, etc. Hey man, go ask for a pitcher of water and watch as I turn that poo poo into beer.

By the way, Phinks learned his nen ability because he was a master class masturbater. Decades of dedication gave him that OP ability.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

If nen was real what ability would everyone have just by sheer dedication without even about knowing about nen? I'd be Goku because I dream about being him all the time.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

How did nobody see the hamster thing on that guy?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Clarste posted:

I assume it was the only beast using In.

I get that, but why doesn't this nen user tell people "hey, you don't see this loving weird poo poo on my head? use gyo plz" instead of not saying anything. like, it's togashi's thing for people to think situations through logically (like asimov), instead of letting human error dictate events (and if it is some miscalculation it gets mentioned). You're guarding a possible future king, you gotta disclose any weird poo poo no matter what.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i wish togashi would just call me on my celly and tell me what's going to happen next.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

why don't we just clone his brain?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i think we should kickstart him a home in space

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Why doesn't he train some kid off the streets to draw and think like him.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Are you free?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

The bible or the simpsons did it first.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I kinda wish someone would have dodged.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Just read the newest chapter to see if it was still bad and there's a scene with the main chars, the guy and the girl, are both in bed together naked and I thought, "oh, the author finally shipped them together and they're loving now I guess?" and that didn't even bother me b/c of how bad the manga is I figured it was par for the course. It had a lot of promise at the beginning but then just gets very stale since I don't think the author knows where it's supposed to go and he's not that good at making it up, iuno.

Lpzie fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 5, 2017

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

it's Haki.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

What's that?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

it's well known that if you need a break you put everyone on a boat.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Caves of Qud thread is over there

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Jesus poo poo gently caress

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

literally same

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

my biggest problem with the lifespan being shaved away stuff is "what does that even mean?" what's my lifespan? how does anybody know it? am i going to live to 70 or 80 or 90? well, if i exercise and diet properly i could go pretty far. so, from which of those numbers am i shaving time from? is the universe predestined? does it know when i'll die?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Clarste posted:

Well, nen effects like that are based on the beliefs of the user. The example given in the comic is that vacuum girl can't vacuum living things, but she doesn't consider blood to be alive (even though it technically has living cells). So in this case, a "lifespan" would be whatever Kurapika considers it to be. And given Kurapika, that'd probably be the average lifespan of someone with his genetics and fitness. He might even be subconsciously keeping a mental tab on it. Or consciously.

Oh, this is pretty good.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i hope he punches the phone with nen and it owns the people on the other end.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Guys, I think nen is real. I've seen some poo poo.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

drat even the guards are getting development time. rip this arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

"It may or may not be possible."