Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Sorry diggity, but even good dogs must stand aside when the real best character checks in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Pierson posted:

The Chimera Arc was actually just about the right length, but was super hosed over because it was when the hiatuses went from 'bad' to 'really loving bad' so that leaves the impression it lasted too long.

While coming out over the course of 8 years has certainly soured people on it a lot (how many threads did you end up making for it?), Chimera Ant itself has some issues with inconsistent pacing even when marathoned over a short duration.
That said, the way the narrative juggles and resolves a shitload of very tightly connected character arcs and about half a dozen thematic arcs without somehow disastrously exploding due to its own momentum means it is in fact the best arc despite what all the unfortunate misclicking in the poll would have you believe. :colbert:

Edit:

klapman posted:

Hisoka v Chrollo is the best fight.
This is completely correct though

Jostiband fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Dec 19, 2015

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Everybody always forgets about Melody :negative:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Bad Seafood posted:

Can't remember the exact episode number, but mine's the one where Gon and Killua find Pitou healing Komugi.

One of the most powerful moments in any shounen series, IMO.

Sad, confused kid yells at baddie; is terrifying.
(it's 116 aka the best episode)

MonsterEnvy posted:

I hope it does. There are a only a few weeks left before this becomes the longest hiatus. So I hope we hear news that new chapters are coming.

(Also Temmie is cool)

This is a good avvy btw

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

davidHalestorm posted:

I meant, that the V5 got military power at their side, other than the nukes. We've only seen Nen being applied in the context of martial arts and relatively small scale fighting (yes, I count the Yorknew slaughter as 'small-scale'), the Dark Continent arc hints at Nen in the military context. That Golem, for example, has nen powers specifically tailored for squad-based fighting. He can conjured guns that emitters can used to fire nen bullets and he can also conjured a seat for an emitter to shoot a nen gattling gun from the mecha.

Also the Zoldycks are apparently frequently hired to assassinate armoured battalions so they nenned up some cluster munitions.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Official romanization: Beeyarerrbfmfnt

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Cool animation, and occasionally cool music. Not much expansion on other things though.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Tonpa is an upstanding individual that embodies most of the traditional Hunter values. Nobody passes the Exams by accident.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Senor Candle posted:

If you are an idiot who can't figure out how to use your men effectively it's not really going to matter what category you fall under.

:wiggle:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

trucutru posted:

Like, you don't need to kill yourself working 16 hours a day on your weekly series when you have a smash hit.

i don't think you :airquote:get:airquote: manga

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

It absolutely was not. The timeframe from the King's perspective, the Buddhist art, the musical cues, and the animation were all great. Particularly the king getting swept along the ground because he couldn't resist the strike as well as the moment between the Little Rose and Zero.

It's kind of crazy how good chimera ant is that all the stuff you just mentioned merely gets that episode in the top 5 maybe.
Like, it could have been an amazing finale for a different shonen series, but it's stuck in HxH so it doesn't even come close to best episode status.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Oh, i don't really care about the fights. I agree it's probably Hisoka vs Chrollo then, yeah. :v:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Wasn't it right before the start of the Chimera Ant Arc that the timeslot for HxH was changed from evening time to sometime around midnight or something? That should tell you what people expected from this series.

It was halfway through. I believe the network caught too many complaints from parents.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

The Indoor Fish were such a weird, sadistic power. I still sometimes wonder what the original creator must have designed that for.

Indoor use, duh

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Wonderful things :okpos:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

how loving retarded are you

he wuz makink joke :ssh:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

ive been reading the jojo thread for too long

the aids has metasized to my brain

It's ok man, you just need some time with cookie chan.

Wild Horses posted:

knuckle is the bomb, love that guy srsly

Out of all the many softie delinquents with a heart of gold I love him the most probably

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I like Kuwa's hair less, even though it's way more iconic, sorry :(

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I always figured Gon was just trying to do his best to be a huge rear end in a top hat but accidentally failed cause Pitou was lying her rear end off.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Tunicate posted:

No, please, continue with the liveposting :allears:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

You'd think so, but you'd be surprised how quickly you get used to it.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

So trustworthy... :swoon:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

No friends, I'm pretty sure he said Golden Week!
________________________________/

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

:frogon:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Boy are you gonna feel dumb when Leorio punches supercancer in the face...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

They stop time and have some other guy explain what they're doing aka the krillin cut
Unless it's early in the series, in which case the other guy explains what going to happen and it cuts to them doing the thing. :v: