Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I blazed through hxh 2011 the past few days. What a ride. I had some vague idea about the chimera ants going into it due to osmosis from people chatting casually about it but I wasn't sure what to expect. Then the new intro kicks in with the ants front and center, right down to the drums starting up right as the queen's head comes into view. My only disappointment is that you basically get very little pure ant stuff, which the opening implies with a few sequences of a giant ant army but in the actual anime the only "pure" ant is the queen and even she's got numerous features that imply some human ancestry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

My favorite part of HxH is when the narrator talks about how Shoot realized his signature move and overcame his cowardice.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

The way everything comes together for the attack is one of those absolutely perfectly moments

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

bees x1000 posted:

that office furniture is not particularly ergonomic :colbert:

It's more the workload. Humans just aren't really suited to spending multiple hours sitting down and sitting still. Just getting up every hour for a few minutes is a big improvement.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

So when are we getting Hunter / Hunter

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Could also be censorship against beating up three disabled people in Heaven's Arena.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I would assume that Heaven's Arena is treated like reverse-wrestling.

Is it all an act? Maybe. How did they do that? Well, it was an aura boost. What the gently caress is an aura boost? Look, just sit back and enjoy the bloodsport.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Brought To You By posted:

To a degree we've seen that people are vaguely aware if not accepting that psychic powers exist. With all the other weird stuff that exists it's just another day if some kid can lift an entire cement block from the arena floor with a fishing pole.

afaik it's not like Heaven's Arena is the top level martial arts tourney or anything, so while it's sort of a big deal, it's not like it's the most important thing out there that everyone pays attention to. I mean, the fact that nobody after the arc knows who Gon and Killua are despite their climb up the ranks kind of shows how much it's not that big a deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well Gon and Killua did not take part in the actual Tournament.

Sure but if it were a big deal, they'd be at least a deal due to becoming notable in the arena at all.