Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Can't wait to see the land beyond upside down america in 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoren
May 28, 2008
We are truly in the dark ages.

Is there any word at all on whether HxH will return?

Thoren
May 28, 2008
It'll be fine guys. We'll get to the dark continent. Then Gon, Leorio, Killua, and Kurarapika can go on an adventure again! It'll be... be just like the old days, guys. RIght?

Thoren
May 28, 2008
As someone who has never seen either Hunter X Hunter anime, despite having read the manga in its entirety, watching these comparisons is fascinating.

I thought I would That Guy who simply prefers the 1999 version but there is a certain emotional flair 2011 has when it comes to the more expressive characters.

I hate how some anime in the last decade have a sort of generic rock ambiance to them though.

What really surprises me about the 1999 version is the atmosphere in some of those scenes. I can almost imagine feeling the weather in the Pockle hunting sequence. That scene is made with so much care that you can see the poison on the arrows if you watch closely enough. And man that delicate sound when he draws the arrow from the quiver. So much consideration is given compared to the 2011 version. I also like how the 1999 anime uses silence or sound effects to emphasize the music kicking in when poo poo goes down.

For all that, I think the 2011 would be easier to snack on. All the emotional cues feel one dimensional. It would be easy to put it on and zone out instead of getting immersed in the seriousness of HxH...

I've actually been planning on watching one of these eventually but now I'm more torn than ever.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
You guys convinced me. I'm going to watch 2011.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Is there a scanlation of HxH with the redraws and a good translation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoren
May 28, 2008
What kind of wacky adventures do you think Gon will have in the Dark Continent?