Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:

Otakufag posted:

Why does everyone here hate Chrollo so much? I think he's a lot more interesting than Hisoka who always pulls wins out of his rear end with the power of rubber and gum.

It's precisely because of the bolded.

Chrollo on the other hand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPA9bKz2meI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

Kacho seems to me like a kid that's brash and loud, but has no actual resolve. Her nen beast will probably be a weakling.

I'm expecting Fugetsu's Stand to kill her at some point in the trip, in response to Kacho being an rear end in a top hat to her.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

I'm guessing Hamtaro is Tyson's Nen Beast, and it's condition is that it can only possess hot guys.

Edit: Or maybe Marayam?

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

Saw this going around elsewhere.

Guess he's going to make an Obon drawing every year now.

http://i.imgbox.com/9jbh8iDT.jpg

:unsmith:

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

Alluka's a trans-girl. The family refers to her as a boy because other than Killua they don't really care.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

Aaaaaaand we're back

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/868098720037953536

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

I think the only reasonable expectation is that we'll have get at least enough chapters for Shonen Jump to release a volume next Summer.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

Kurapika and Hisoka are both Good Boys because they've successfully scared the Troupe, who were insufferable prior to Uvo getting clowned.

Also Kurapika brought a shovel to the duel

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

You can read 40 chapters for free on Shueshia's website!

Posting just for the image tbh

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

In the meantime

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/877130240186736644?s=09

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

http://www.bakadata.com/manga-spoiler/hunter-x-hunter-361-spoiler

Spoilers are out

ooooh boy

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hisoka, learning from his defeat, invents a new technique to allow him to make it in the "new world." By using his gum and rubber to force the blood to pump quickly through his body, he gains incredible speed and physical power.

i would unironically love to see hisoka gum gum pistol with his bungee arm

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

I love how Benjamin suddenly turned into the biggest threat on the ship

The only reason he hasn't just barged into Nick's room and broken his neck is because he doesn't know that the nen beasts cannot harm him.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

You read the text spoilers

Then you read the korean scans

Then you read the mangastream

Then you read the official release

4x the fun!

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

I'd like it if the lifespan thing was handled by Kurapika aging faster, FFXV style.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

If he gets one of those highly dangerous abilities, transferring it to a normal person would probably be the best choice. Still risky as they would be much easier to coerce into turning it on.

I'm not clear on whether or not Kurapika's aura is powering the power when used by others.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

It didn't dawn on me till this episode how much better Togashi has gotten at drawing black people. Might is a huge step from Canary, or even the doctor who gave Netero the bomb.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

I'm feeling Benjamin will be the first to go because he's such a big threat, and the closest to being publicly hostile.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

Ben's gonna end up wishing he'd just charged into Nich's room and snapped his neck

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

Pitou's only success was an ambush attack on one adult and 2 kids, and she only managed to take one of them out. She kinda sucks without the element of surprise.

Hisoka on the other hand has the properties of rubber and gum

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

I found Pitou to be a huge disappointment character-wise. Never did anything other than because of genes. She was good fodder though

Youpi is the best bugboy

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

That isn't really true at all. Pitou got quite a fair bit of development and you can see it almost entirely in the way she treats Gon. She's the one who most began to develop towards the King's changing mindset whereas Pouf fought it and Youpi was all over the place. By the time the encounter with Gon happens Pitou's seemed to develop genuine caring and empathy. Still a royal guard and all but had began to develop more beyond that, which helps plays into the tragedy of what Gon did.

I'd buy it more if she'd had any reasoning to protect Komugi besides Boss' Orders. She also could've showed any sort of remorse at her actions, or at the very least not attempted to kill Gon when he was mourning.

It was a lovely situation all around, but if Pitou had just walked away when Gon was broken on the floor I wouldn't feel so satisfied at her death

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

shine on you crazy old man

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

Meruem told Komugi he was slowly killing her after she had already taken a fatal dose. She didn't really have a choice. It also doesn't help that he was disguised as Great Leader and even tried fighting away Killua when he was trying to protect her.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

Pouf had everything going for him (suit/wings/violin) and did nothing with it! He was starting to go somewhere when he was manipulating the king, but he never did much with it and was kinda there.

Youpi had one of the best battles in the series till that point, and until the Rose, actually had an arc that grew him into an actual person.

Pitou had her biological impetus to protect the king as her one motivation for her entire life. I really wanted to like her but she was an incredibly bland character with a great design.

Meruem had some cool moments like when he first showed remorse for killing that kid early on. Wasn't crazy about him finding his humanity via working towards genocide, so I think the Hunters were beyond justified in taking care of him.

I thought Welfin was secretly the best of the ants

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

it's almost as if the chimera ant arc is more complicated than labeling everyone involved in it with either "good" or "bad"

except ikalgo Knuckle who's good and pure

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

ikalgo real good!

But not so sure about him being pure as well

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

Sometime in between the human experiments and the half-million murders, Pitou and Youpi should've looked at each other and asked: "Are we the baddies?"

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

Dorohedoro? In my Hunter x Hunter?

:getin:

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

I feel really bad for Momoze. Oito gave more of a poo poo about her death than Sevanti does.

Also Oito best queen

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

With 9 chapters out during this run of the manga, we're well within hiatus territory now :gonk:

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

saw this posted elsewhere

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

So was this Woody's real murderer?

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

Since Togashi actually mentions he's coming back this year, I'm guessing it's to focus on the manga he's collaborating on: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/08/19-1/hunter-x-hunter-author-teams-up-with-rookie-on-short-manga

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

I'm a bit surprised nobody ever translated Akuten Wars. The artist is really good at imitating Togashi's style.

Edit - This is a pretty good read explaining the time fuckery that goes on prior to the Black Whale departing: https://www.reddit.com/r/HunterXHunter/comments/7qele0/the_timeline_mess_of_chapters_340349/

Edit x2 - I think we're far enough into the Black Whale stuff to consider it a separate arc from the Dark Continent, like how Yorknew became a full arc despite Greed Island being the reason they were there.

TurkeyFried fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 15, 2018

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

Netero rules, Meruem drools

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

Lpzie posted:

i think we need to start coming to grips with the ever increasing possibility that this story won't finish. when that happens, i'm going to publish my dark continent fanfic. we leave gon behind, instead focusing on ging and his quest to find his dad. that arc ends on top of a planet tree, where don freecss tells ging he wants to go to space where even more mystery awaits (the darker continent, they'll call it). then we follow the story from don's point of view, as he wonders if his dad is still out there, exploring the local group. it'll end on top of a galactic tree, where don's dad says he wants to go to the darkest continent (the supermassive blackhole in the center). around here i write myself into a corner so i throw a big tournament and end it.

Togashi, your story's in good hands

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

I can't believe Bill turned out to be a construct made by Leorio

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

Something I just noticed in the spoilers:

According to the wiki, Hisoka is under 190cm. The most important character over 190cm we have is Leorio. However, I don't remember the Troupe ever meeting him.

:tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

If anybody needs to get caught up, Viz posted a thing: https://www.viz.com/blog/posts/welcome-to-hunter-x-hunter