Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

klapman posted:

Yorknew City is the best arc, and the Chimera Ants dragged on too long. Hisoka v Chrollo is the best fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I thought most people were ok with Ging until they found out what a lovely dad he was.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Youpi owns, Pouf is the worst

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

I'm actually suspicious that the deception poo poo is just something he does for fun against his lessors. And we've never seen Hisoka "punch above his weight" in the slightest, in fact he's never had a fight were he wasn't just clowning on the other person in the whole series.

This is the actual biggest tragedy in the entire series, not a single time did he get the big fight he wanted. First Kastro turns out to be a big disappointment, then his own schemes screw him out of the fight with Chrollo, then while trying to fix that he misses out on the entire Chimera Ant arc which had among other things Gon at his strongest. Sucks to be Hisoka lol

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

that just makes it even more tragic

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i thought she was talking about silva zoldyck also known as david bowie

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

So do those little symbols in HIsokas speech bubbles represent anything, like do they indicate his mood or tone or what

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Roland Jones posted:

Other than the hearts probably meaning happiness or affection, they seem like they might just happen. I'd have to reread it and look at a bunch of the lines in order to try to see otherwise.

Yeah I've been doing that too. I think the spades show up when hes upset or annoyed and the diamond is when hes explaining something. I could just be seeing things that arent there though

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Not necessarily, though I don't disagree Zeno's probably an interesting guy to know off the clock.

In a lot of Eastern traditions, dragons are venerable and celestial beings of a higher order, worthy of respect and sometimes even worship. Zeno's affinity for dragons likely runs closer to this interpretation than say adventurous heavy metal or what have you.

look at his expression when he uses it though

that guy loving loves tossing dragons at people

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

That's probably not a good example since most of the Chimera ants were given abilities instead of developing them themselves, something like that might use different rules.

I mean yeah, the personality chart is likely just some weird astrology thing rather than actual rules but still

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i believe in hanzo

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I love how in the pages that give a refresher of who the bodyguards are, they all have a unique background pattern, and most of them are nice stuff like jewels and floral patterns but Kurapika's background picture is loving barbed wire

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

also is it time to change the thread name?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Hey for all we know there could be more to Leorio's ability than that and the warp punch is just the only part of it we've seen

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Yeah but people can still see that using Gyo, I think.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Turin Turambar posted:

If this was a pen & paper rpg, one player would have to roll Gyo against the opponent's roll In. Whoever is stronger, the nen is revealed or stays hidden.

Nen combat isn't only which skill (hatsu) is better, you are supposed to use gyo/in/kou/ryu a dozen of times (more?) in just a few seconds in a fight. if you are better at the normal aura manipulation techniques because you are genius like Hisoka or Ging, you will have an advantage. Hisoka showed a great in on Kastro's fight and in/zetsu in the fight against Goth.

ok but the point is hisoka could potentially have a reason to use texture surprise to hide the gum strings instead of just in

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i still cant believe this is happening

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i think hisoka is going to win, but only for meta reasons,

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

theyre both going to be killed by a random audience member

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Was that before or after he got nuked and became god

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

He could have told Hisoka's fortune, maybe.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

He has his information. He's already told his fortune before.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Do the rules of the ability actually require permission, though? They don't require you to be face to face with the person.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

Every single time it was used the recipient wrote down their own info, so it seems likely that was required. Chrollo could easily force someone to write theirs, but why would he bother? The fortune would just be a verse about how they were gonna get killed by him.

Yeah looking at it again, the information seems to need to be written down on special paper so I guess that seems likely.

theress still other roundabout ways to use that to predict the match though

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Tunicate posted:

A marital artist.

:wow:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

that was probably the finest crotch glow yet

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

not anymore! :q:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Traveller posted:

That "Chrollo" isn't the real Chrollo.

But hes holding the book

Actually come to think of it, I don't think he could use the needle ability there. He had the puppet ability and the disguise ability activated and he can only use 2 abilities at once.

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 12, 2016

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

oh poo poo

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I would almost agree, but didn't he say that the instructions he can give to the fake puppets are very limited? I don't think he could tell them to make such complex/accurate/strong attacks as he's been doing.

I think the instructions being limited just means that they have some free reign in how they carry out the commands so maybe this puppet is just unusually competent

I dont think thats likely though

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Personally, I'd be kinda disappointed if Hisoka doesn't lose to one of the main characters and gets killed by this comparatively random guy instead. But then again I'm also a big fan of Togashi's ridiculous anticlimaxes, so vOv

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Clarste posted:

Why is there anyone still hanging around to watch this fight? These are some really devoted fans.

look motherfucker i spent a lot of work making this sign and i am sure as hell going to use it dammit

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

hunter x hunter ii: body hammer

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Regarding the sun and moon seals, the head only exploded after Chrollo ordered it to, so I don't think the explosion was triggered by Hisoka catching the head. I'm guessing the head had the seals in its mouth or something.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Yeah, it seems more of an emission thing to me, but whatever.

Or conjuring :unsmigghh:

Actually conjuring is right next to transmutation so maybe his ability does use some of that.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

who cares about his origin anyway

this comics neat because its another hisoka story

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

AtomikKrab posted:

Texture surprise is a total steal though.

Eh, it's inspired by the old guy's ability but it seems to work pretty differently.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

yeah gon could climb a tree by jumping like 20 feet at a time even after losing his nen

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I havent seen the chapter yet but heres my guess for what happens: Hisoka pulls a gon and sacrifices all his future power for more power now. his hair turns into a literal rainbow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Asuron posted:

Never has the title of this thread been more appropriate than it is now.

i guess now we know how the hiatus ended