Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I had an incredibly detailed dream the other night that the series started up again in a different Jump magazine and would release every other saturday.. Also for some reason older versions of the Yu Yu Hakusho cast were going to show up as side characters.
Waking up was a bitch. On the other hand, I did come up with what was supposedly the best pickup line ever and managed to write it down as I woke up. In case you're wondering it's "I want to open your vagina and throw my dick at your insides"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Kingtheninja posted:

So I'm just wrapping up greed island in the show. How far does the anime go before it veers from manga content?

If you're watching the 2011 version, it never does. It goes up to 9 chapters before where the manga currently is at.
Actually, the 99 version doesn't either because Greed Island is where it ends.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I just want the bodyguards to be Phantom Troupe members so we can actually continue that whole plot

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Abengane's nen beast grows with the severity of the nen he removes right? It may have something to do with that

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

the leaks have begun

hanzo confirmed

I'm surprisingly happy that I accidentally moused over that spoiler.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Jo Joestar posted:

For what it's worth, the previous king has a nen beast that looks like what a baby might produce, so I'd lean towards Woble's beast being strong rather than weak.

Was that tittymonster the king's? I thought it was Tsereidnich's since it looked so hosed up

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Silver2195 posted:

I think she might already be doing some of the drawing. The character designs seem to have gotten kind of Sailor Moon-ish lately.

She definitely fixed up the drawings in the Chimera Ant arc, so that would make sense.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So do people know that Chrollo is the head of the spiders? If so it seems like a pretty big deal he'd be there at the arena. Speaking of weird things about the Heaven's Tower, were they always ok with the ref and audience being collateral damage?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

I get the distinct feeling that Hisoka and Chrollo aren't exactly playing by the rules anymore and never intended to in the first place.

Well yeah, but the announcer seems to treat it as no big deal.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The existence of live action anime musicals both baffles and terrifies me, and yet I watched the whole thing.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

When Togashi said he had ideas for 3 more arcs, I wonder if he's counting the Prince succession boat arc and the dark continent itself as separate arcs? Because I MIGHT be able to believe that those two will finish eventually.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

A lot of people assumed Pitou was a male because she/he/it uses masculine pronouns when referring to itself, but it's not uncommon for girls to use those too, especially in manga. When other people refer to Pitou I think it's always gender neutral. The official English version of the manga uses he/him though.

Alluka, on the other hand...

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Bad Seafood posted:

Where'd he say that? Cause I've always just figured the series only had around three more arcs in it, so it's kinda weird to me that my hunch might be inexplicably right.

I googled it and it turns out I was remembering wrong! He said in 2011 that he had about 3-4 ideas for arcs after the ant arc.

http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:MrGenial11/Yoshihiro_Togashi_/_Eiichiro_Oda_interview?useskin=oasis

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

Kalluto, despite appearances, is definitely male.

Whoops, meant to say Alluka.

EDIT: Oh wait, I did.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Gyges posted:

Kurapika intentionally refused to use the proper level of respect for his elder despite being corrected 2 times. Leorio then talked poo poo about Kurapika's clan and a duel was on. It was 60-40 Kurapika/Leorio fighting over dumb poo poo.

Age based honorifics seem like a real pain in the rear end.

The honorifics are fine, it's using humble speech and acting respectful that sucks

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Lpzie posted:

Can someone explain why assassins are even trying to pass the Hunter Exam? I feel as if I missed something.

You can usually get away with killing if you have one.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Serious Frolicking posted:

Hisoka has a very small edge in that Chrollo would likely prefer to take him alive. While Chrollo obviously isn't dependent on his current power combo, consider what he could do with exploding puppets if bungee gum was added to the mix.

Besides, who wouldn't want to have the power of both rubber and gum?

I really don't think Chrollo wants to take him alive. This strikes me as more of an "okay fine, lets get this out of the way so I don't have to deal with you chasing me" thing.

Next on Chrollo's list is probably Kurapika, but I don't see him ending up on the dark continent. It's not like Greed Island where the troupe can sail there.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Tunicate posted:

-Some dick who bumped into into him and didn't even apologize. Didn't kill, just transmuted his arms into flower petals.
Who wants to be the one to tell him?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

They cut the cooking section out of the 2011 anime, right? I don't remember seeing it outside of the manga.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

At the end Hisoka says there's 10 more to go... That means they found a replacement for either Paku or Uvo but not both, right? So there's one spider we haven't seen yet. I'm assuming it's a new character but I suppose there's a possibility we might know them. I'm reminded of the guy we saw drawing what looked like a spider tattoo in the background of one of the panels with Tsereidnich, but I think the next chapter had that as part of a larger pattern on some flesh hanging on his wall.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

drjuggalo posted:

i thought hisoka did some wild bending rubber poo poo on machi with the poses and killed her outright because theres only 10 spiders left

No, he wanted her to be the messenger. It's possible he just doesn't plan to kill her in particular.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Read the first chapter of the manga then watch the anime. Kite problem solved!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

lol are you guys loving serious?
"Multiple characters have held their breath for almost as long and been fine and survived injuries that would have caused irreparable damage to their bodies but this is just TOO UNREALISTIC"

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I've been thinking Tyson was a guy all this time.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Mangastream's translators make a fairly decent amount of mistakes, and whoever writes the dialogue (the editor I guess?) insists on making it the way it is. They throw profanity in and try to use lots of slang and colloquial expressions regardless of whether or not it fits the manga they're translating and cal it "localization" (mostly apparent with One Piece) and insist that HxH should be as wordy as it is because of how complex the manga is or something like that. I forget the exact reason they used. Also they Leave "oi" untranslated and use the phrase "you lot" a ton so I always end up reading character's voices in a cockney accent.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Serious Frolicking posted:

Taking a powerless child to the dark continent seems like a really bad idea.

TBF there's been at least one year long timeskip so Gon probably has his nen back again

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It's confirmed btw

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Could you transmute your aura into crystals? Or would that be conjuring? It'd be cool if someone could like, turn their aura into a diamond-consistently to make both cool barriers around them or rad claws/blades.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

im togashi ama

Would you rather be bukkake'd or have a ton of dudes piss in your mouth? You have to choose one

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

sharktamer posted:

Are either of the movies any good?

Noooooo no no no no.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Well, that's pretty useful for spying to be fair. Since the largest thing it can control is a hamster and there just so happens to be a prince with a pet hamster, I'm wondering if we're getting some tactical hamster espionage action soon

Wild Horses posted:

Kurapika is loving OP

Actually Its more materialization having no limits which is kinda silly

Well, presumable this new ability requires the person he's taking nen from to either be restrained or willingly submit to it. He's gotta draw the nen out with a syringe, and most enemies wouldn't just sit there and let him do it. Hence, the need for allies.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yusuke Kuwabara Higashikata is the best boy

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It's out on MangaStream. I'm kinda suspicious about the translation of a line or two though... but nothing important.
So uh... let's just say there's some amazing art this time around. That nen beast on the last couple pages is absolutely horrifying. I love it.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Wark Say posted:

Isn't the way Luffy uses gears slowly killing him? Or was that before Silvers Rayleigh trained him? :ohdear:

I think it did, but the latter is entirely possible. Ivankov's hormone injections during the war arc also were supposed to shorten his life. I'm guessing it's set up for him to be dying at the end of the series so Chopper can develop his dream medicine and cure him.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

If Kurapika catches the immortality disease he's gonna be OP as hell.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I want another Hisoka+Kurapika team up really bad, but I'm not sure how feasible that would be. I'm pretty sure Hisoka wants to kill the spiders himself and Yorknew ended with Kurapika focusing on getting back the scarlet eyes rather than hunting down the troupe. Then again, I'm sure there are situations where teaming up could be beneficial for them in this arc.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

dazoner posted:

I am so confused, how is Kurapika using his chains? I thought he could only use them on Phantom Troupe or he dies? Also, I miss Gon :(

That's only one of his chains, Chain Jail. He has 4 other ones.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Have any of you guys tried the water divination test? Be honest

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Bisse posted:

So would a valid Kurapika counter be to trick him into stealing an ability he can't use? Like, say, some vengeance ability conditioned to only work on one specific person in the world who just happens to not be around at the moment.

Yep. If he happened to steal an ability similar to his chain jail he's hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

I believe there's still no explanation for that other than "Ging is OP." I'm guessing his ability is that he can copy someone else's ability if he sees it (and probably can only do it once each time he's seen it)

He outright says he's using Leorio's power to avoid showing pariston his own, and from the beginning he's been established as one of the top nen users in the world, so I'd say that it's just him being OP.