Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

Also:

EDIT: Excel 97 space simulator!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6nY0QkG9nQ

Unlike the rest of the Office Easter Eggs, this one actually worked for me :D

defaultluser has a new favorite as of 06:34 on Dec 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Anyone ever have one of these bad boys?

Nomad Muvo TX FM. Best micro mp3 player I ever had. 1 gig of music, it ran on a triple-A battery, and you could pop out the mp3 player portion and use it as a thumb drive. My companion all the way from Freshman year of high school to my junior year of college. I'd buy a new one but they're getting pricey on Ebay now, like, the 1 gig models cost more than list when they were new.

e: edited out the racist commentary

I owned the original 128MB:

No screen, no radio, no alpha-numeric playback. So how the gently caress did it determine play back order?

TRACK COPY ORDER!

Eveyone used Windows Explorer to copy a set of files, but it would perform the copy in random order. So playback order felt random until I did the research.

Then I wrote a tool called MuvoMaster to parse m3u files and convert them to a batch file full of ordered copy commands. I was amazed that the first forum post I made about it still exists:

http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=63628

I still use the tool (yes, works in Windows 10) for making mp3 CDs for my car, because gently caress naming my mp3s with track numbers. I just let the tool do that :D

defaultluser has a new favorite as of 06:42 on Oct 5, 2016

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

Fun Shoe

Gobblecoque posted:

Haha I love that it's measuring storage in terms of characters.

There's a good reason for that. Before the 1980s (when 8-bit computers became immensely powerful and cheap), nobody had standardized on the size of a Byte. The size of a character varied from system to system, and computer makers tried word sizes all over the place:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte#History

So you gave the storage size in "characters" on the target platform.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

Fun Shoe

Humphreys posted:

Remember those transparent calculators that were put on the overhead projectors?

http://www.flinnsci.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=17346

This was even more impressive:

Useful for teaching the class how to use these new toys.

I'm class of 97, and my high school made buy an 82. I surpassed my teacher by the end of the year, and started programming games on it. I made a dodge game, and a side-scroller shooter, and a scorched earth clone.

I still have dumps of two of those, if I could be bothered to install an emulator I could take pictures.

defaultluser has a new favorite as of 04:06 on Nov 7, 2016