Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fonducci
Feb 5, 2007
"The other white meat"
booting up the Tandy 1000 EX with several 5.25" floppy disks just to get the OS loaded, then playing pirated gems like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clUz1Z_-MAA

borrowing my cousin's university VAX account to dialup and chat with college babes all day long

getting free AOL and not realizing it was dialing long distance and getting a $200 phone bill

witnessing private room: "warez" getting shut down on AOL and having to go to private room "zeraw", "zeraw1"... etc

calling up a buddy to play Doom on dialup (and telling our moms not to use the phone)

getting this crescent fresh jam for free on the WIndows 95 CD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kemivUKb4f4

a/s/l/pics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fonducci
Feb 5, 2007
"The other white meat"

wayne curr posted:

My dad still calls his computers graphics card his "3D card" :corsair:

at least your dad at least knows that it's a separate card

fonducci
Feb 5, 2007
"The other white meat"
being the first person you knew to jack off to computer images

fonducci
Feb 5, 2007
"The other white meat"

quote:

I had one that I pretty much only used to play Road Rash 2. Now that I think of it, my wife at the time might have used to play some arcade games, too.

I'm thinking of getting another one (or whatever the USB equivalent is) for those games I get on Steam and only realize after the fact that the game is really meant to played with a controller. Darksiders with keyboard and mouse is pretty bad, for instance.

I have a dual analog stick Logitech that gets me by, but I sometimes have to use a 3rd party program to map keys. The xbox controller seems to be the easier option for most games.

fonducci
Feb 5, 2007
"The other white meat"
lining up the holes on the side of the paper in a line feed printer

fonducci
Feb 5, 2007
"The other white meat"
stileproject

fonducci
Feb 5, 2007
"The other white meat"
Anyone remember the game Madame Fifi's Whorehouse? I was way too young to be allowed to play it, but I remember all of the adults gathering around the computer in the 80's and laughing their asses off. It was a text based game similar to the Zorks that us kids were allowed to play. I guess it was a pretty shallow game, as here is the complete walkthrough. 1980s SPOILER ALERT:

http://solutionarchive.com/file/id,8936/

fonducci
Feb 5, 2007
"The other white meat"

Ended up being useless for me, but hey, it was free.

fonducci
Feb 5, 2007
"The other white meat"

TotalLossBrain posted:

Does anyone remember how lots of pre-1992 didn't have a map feature? You were expected to draw your own maps on paper as you went.

Indeed. Necessary for every Zork, King's Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest, and Black Cauldron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fonducci
Feb 5, 2007
"The other white meat"

When digital cameras were still a novelty in the late 90s, you could take this greasy cocksucker out with a box of floppies and snap away without worrying about running out of space for your pictures in stunning 1024x768 resolution.