Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUvcYP859fg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

My parents got a MS-DOS computer when I was four, so I played the hell out of Reader Rabbit and Think Quick:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rg87iDSwZ0

Also, does anyone remember Graal?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Anyone else remember ThePalace?

I used to haunt the Sci-Fi Channel server. Even remember having scripts installed to "zap" others.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I was clearing out a lot of stuff in my mother's garage. Mostly my stuff.

Ended up taking some stuff to the thrift store at a church...

- Sanyo 19" flatscreen CRT from 2004 that I used in college. Actually really good picture quality for what it was and even had component inputs.
- Pioneer DVD player from 2004, also from college. Was my first player that could read CD-R/DVD-R/RW media.
- Pioneer front left/right speakers from my old home theater setup, as well as my dad's Sony DTS 6.1 ES receiver. I use a 5.1 soundbar setup for my apartment now, but those are some drat good speakers.
- My dad's subwoofer. I actually don't like having too much bass, so that monster doesn't have a place in my home theater.

Also found a box of Betamax tapes I rescued from the garbage at my high school, but forgot about for the last 15 years. Has a lot of PBS recordings, but also what appear to be some recorded plays and speakers. Looks like they did The Miracle Worker around 1978 and had a speaker named Mr. Dick Key give a talk about gas.

Just need to find a way to get these transferred since I'm curious on what's on these. I bet even the PBS tapes have some fascinating stuff.

Also found a few CEDs in reasonable shape.