Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

That Robot posted:

heat dot net lol

such sketchy ads, always about "being in heat"

Holy poo poo heat dot net

The waves of nostalgia flowing through me are incredible right now. I played battlezone and everybody in the general lobby who were regulars knew each other of course. The drama of all the different clans and stuff was awesome to 12 year old me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

mrwuss posted:

Goddamn I can't even remember my phone number from back then but my ICQ number is still burned into my head

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone remember "hackoo"? If you sent like 10$ they'd mail you a CD full of Trojans and various viruses/" hacker tools"

13 year old me thought that was the coolest poo poo

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of UO, d032 4ny1 271ll uNd3r274nD 13372p34k

I could type 1337speak as fast as I could type normally back in the day in uo

101 fUkk3n n00b 1 b37 j00 h4v3 a GM 7r41n3r

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Man, gently caress trammel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Feedback Agency posted:

When I was a kid my dad used to pirate PSX games off Usenet for me to play. I remember him getting pissed that I didn't like Small Soldiers (probably because he spent so much loving time downloading a whole CD's worth of data.)

I had a pretty huge collection of pirated games, but the only one that survives to this day is Duke Nukem Time to Kill.

Also, Battlezone. I spent so much time playing this game and it's sequel it isn't funny.

Ohhh gently caress I miss action/strategy

If u were a serious player of bz1 you played on heat.net and you loving knew who LoC were