Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Windows 95 version with the voice overs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

drunk asian neighbor posted:

hooooooly poo poo my later childhood

Anyone remember Amazon and Yukon Trail? Yukon was meh IIRC but Amazon was fun as hell. Taking pictures and poo poo.

The Dr. Brain games were fun as poo poo and I wish I could track those down as well.

Amazon Trail was loving legit. First person rowing down the Amazon taking pictures and poo poo. Also, best Dr. Brain was that late 90's one that was an isometric 2D action RPG thing.

Odell Down Under was also great. Get to Great White Shark level and just demolish everything.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

There was this one game I used to play the gently caress out of that I cannot remember the name of for the life of me. It was a point and click edutainment thing in Egypt. I remember getting freaked out when you go into Abu Simbel and a statue of Ramses II with glowing eyes yells at you about some poo poo.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

B.H. Facials posted:

Was it Memphis Math Treasure of the Tombs?

I don't remember any math problems or anything in it.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

error1 posted:

Nerd chat: Everything WD has made in the last five years has been pretty solid in my experience, I really love the WD Red series for their almost silent operation and use them everywhere now.
I think I have almost 20 of them in total and they all still work. (one of them produced some bad blocks last year but it seems to have remapped them and subsequent ZFS scrubs didn't report errors)

I have a bunch of old dead WD Greens though, as well as a bunch of dead Seagate LP drives. Some series are just junk.

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/what-hard-drive-should-i-buy/ is a good read that should make Seagate owners really nervous!

I had a friend who bought a WD Green, it died after 2 months. He bought another one, it died after two months. He bought a third, died again. He then swore off desktop computers and bought a crappy Lenovo laptop. The fact that the Green series was just plain bad never crossed his mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

drguildo posted:

Didn't Splash Damage develop Enemy Territory? And there was more than the flamethrower that they got right with that game. I'm not a big MP fan, especially FPS', but that game was legit as heck.

It was loving fun as poo poo and really deserved to do better than it did.