Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

My dad still calls his computers graphics card his "3D card" :corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

MaxxBot posted:

The RAM is dumb because the heatsink is totally unnecessary but GPUs can't look like normal cards anymore because their TDPs have increased massively necessitating huge rear end heatsinks. I prefer the clean styling of the Nvidia blower over that horrible gaudy thing you posted though.

I think my old-rear end graphics card is pretty neat looking

metal pipes = cooler? :downs:

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

UIApplication posted:

Halo was objectively a really lovely game

It blew me away how some parts of the game where just a single level section copy+pasted over and over and over :psyduck:

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Warning: dead cultists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coNLfyVb5C8

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Cojawfee posted:

Everyone did AMD in the 2000s. I did two generations of AMD and switched back to Intel.

Maybe it's time to switch back to AMD now that they're releasing a 32 core CPU :pcgaming:

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

UIApplication posted:

This will never cease to make me laugh

:saddowns:

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Cojawfee posted:

I would rather use a ribbon cable than do anything with a CRT. I think my parents keep a CRT TV in their family room only because it would be too heavy to get rid of.

I remember my dad buying a new family computer, and it came with an LCD screen. The thing looked like it was bowing inwards all concave like :psyduck:
My dad said he saw the same thing too. Apparently if you've spent a few years looking at a CRT screen, your brain gets trained to try and flatten out the image so it freaks out when seeing an actual flat screen.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Germstore posted:

He's right though. And surround sound sucks, at least surround sound of the 5.1 variety. I'm sure the one person in the sweet spot enjoys it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5sAsZyRm_k

:catstare:

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

theultimo posted:

It's sad, hatchbacks are still viable but no one makes them anymore

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Speaking of lovely old roleplaying games.
Is there a reason Second Life hasn't been replaced with something less lovely and bugged out the rear end? The game's nearly 13 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Naxuz posted:

This was mentioned in the SA sagas thread. The schadenfreude is off the loving charts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTqhyHuKVKA

They couldn't get into the 2013 E3, so instead set up their display in a parking lot over the road from the convention center :allears: