Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Everything just looks AI generated to me lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

dial the right number and cenobites show up

ftfy

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I used to make comics in MS Paint about the SkiFree guy getting a gun and shooting the Yeti. I was like 10? 11? I wish I still had them, they were pretty good iirc!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I remember everyone at my high school, like every single person I knew pronouncing it like "Juarez" and it driving me loving mad

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

The pack is almost empty. There's only one left :confused:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
My father made me a mix tape for like my seventh birthday off the albums he owned. The first track was Bohemian Rhapsody. When he was recording it, I and my friends ran through the livingroom, causing the record to skip weirdly. It still feels wrong to hear it without the odd beat at "put a gun against his head, pulled - a trrrrrriger -- igger iggger igger now he's ddddddead

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Dick Trauma posted:

Pretty sure I saw Shufflepuck Cafe on that Mac! :kiddo:

Nice shot!

...right? I haven't played that game since like 1989 :|

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Did we always use the term "dial-up modem"? Until broadband, I didn't know any other kind, but it feels like that's what we always called it.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Two drinks in and I'm seeing a BSoD

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

evobatman posted:

Pretty sure I saw Jeremy Parish posting recently too, I think he's been here long.

I ran into him at a convention a few years ago. We started talking about -- something, I cannot remember. Then another person pulled him aside, Jeremy said to me, "Stay here, I'll be right back."

But he never came back.

I'm still waiting in that spot to this day.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
The singular time I've ever faxed anything was from jail, because it's meant to be punishment.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
In 9th grade I entered a typing contest at my school. I was a bonkers fast typist as a kid, and it was maybe the singular thing I was good at. At this competition I typed 168 words in one minute, no errors. I lost to fuckin Nick LaFonde that fucker HOW

He went on to work at some big tech firm and I became a janitor and I think this is probably the sliding doors moment.

credburn has a new favorite as of 23:40 on Dec 17, 2023

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Sweevo posted:

Some people's obsession with finding 14 and 88 in EVERYTHING is bordering on numerology at this point.

Out of all the main numbers my eye catches when scanning things,

75% of those have to do with Hitler :|

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Watching that video reminded me that you can tell what speed connection you're going to get by what noises it makes.

Haha yes!

During certain hours trying to dial up was a constant routine of listening and canceling the connection halfway because I know when it makes that noise I'm going to be getting lovely speed. I'm talking about 2.5 kb/sec download speeds instead of 4.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Dataman and the little professor, vintage learning calculators (for learning maths)

all i see is goatse

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
We had a Snappy. Break out that SCSI card!

Snackmar posted:

One live action character was implemented (i think using a magic wand select of black pixels?) , and the other was a robot I made in 3D Studio 4.0 for DOS:

That's so rad, that's exactly the kind of poo poo I wanted to use it for.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

I picked this up at a Goodwill a few years ago.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Dip Viscous posted:

What was the deal with MP3s that had random Windows and ICQ notification sounds throughout them? How does that even happen inadvertently? Were there people that were like "I really need to rip this sweet track, but I don't have a CD-ROM drive so I'll hold a mic up to a boombox in front of my PC"?

There are a lot of people who ended up with some mp3s I ripped that definitely have ICQ sounds, because the CD burning software that came with ours did not allow you to select individual tracks to rip; you could name them individually but you had to rip the entire album or nothing. And it also took like two fuckin hours to do it, some absolutely ridiculous amount of time to do it. It was quicker to just record-from-audio to a wav and then convert it to an mp3, and unfortunately that did mean some of my songs have weird sounds, or maybe a hiccup in the audio for when I tried to open a bunch of other programs while recording while having like 16 megabytes of RAM.

Sorry to everyone who downloaded Black Blade by Blue Oyster Cult from me. It has like a full minute of warbled audio in the middle because of my methods :(

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I miss the artist_name vs. artist_name early garbage mashups people were producing. I hated that they would frequently use one of the artists' names in the artist field in the id3 tags that would result in them being grouped with the proper mp3s in my winamp playlist.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Dr. Quarex posted:

Well yes, that is what you do after screaming "gently caress" because ICQ ruined the first recording

I was always so distracted, I not only would not remember to close / silence ICQ, even after it happened I would forget I was recording until like later on I'm listening to my own mp3s and checking ICQ even though there is no message :iiam:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Isn't Kompressor a goon? I found his music on Napster originally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
My grandparents refuse to read anything that isn't in comic sans.