Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

The Goatfather posted:

the first game i played with 3d acceleration was interstate 76
yooooooooo it was too smooth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Bonzo posted:

I played that with my Microsoft Force Feedback Sidewinder joystick.
hell yeah best way to play and still best force feedback use in gaming

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

theultimo posted:

Speaking of terrible cases, lgr posted a new video trying to fix a 2000 era PC. It goes as well as expected.

http://youtu.be/TfhmBcBPNyc
this is an oddly satisfying bit of nostalgia, which is outrageously loving sad

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Turdsdown Tom posted:

haha this was my main PC from like 2002 through 2009, kept alive with RAM and GPU upgrades but featuring a P4 2.4GHz til the end. gently caress those lovely cases. dimension 2xxx/3xxx models blew cock

and guess what? some models didn't have that panel that swung up. you literally had to get on your knees and look under the loving thing to see what you were doing
haha i did the same thing with my college girlfriend. went from a 1.3 something P4 to a to a 2.4Ghz and nearly trippled the ram and added a DVD drive. good poo poo.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
the Nokia 6820 is still the best phone of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

barbecue at the folks posted:

Techmoan keeps on finding the greatest old weird tech I would've murdered for back in the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdObeF9VHiA

That engineering with all the tiny buttons, we'll never see stuff like this again :allears:
this guy owns and i love his bitchy passive-aggressive demeanor regarding youtube comments. i hope he never stops reading them. stay angry, you little british weirdo.