Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

Gonz posted:

My first interaction with Need For Speed was the Panasonic 3DO version. It was cool at the time, but yeah, that version ran at 15 FPS.

I mean, I remember game reviews in the early PC 3d era where 15fps was considered playable. Pretty sure I tried to play stuff at, maybe, 10. 30 was considered the peak above which improvement wasn't a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
I mean, I think this is pretty normal. When technologies are new and rough (and simpler) you need to understand them more to operate them and they're easier to understand at a low level. It's the same with general electronics knowledge, or cars, or other 'enthusiast' technologies.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
Well poo poo. There's an Google TV / Android app called Quasi TV that does a quick and dirty version of that with a plex library. It looks more like a modern program guide type thing and it doesn't adjust episode lengths to hit standard block sizes, but this is not bad

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

Fil5000 posted:

(I respect techmoan for both his enthusiasm for weird old tech and his determination to be a grumpy old bugger)

I also respect reviewing kitchen equipment despite having lost the sense of taste.