Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Obligatory Handle posted:

Jerking it to pictures and not HD streaming videos of a chick getting triple penetrated.

waiting hours for a video to download that turns out to be a 10 second clip

more like

voodoo3 didnt even have SLI

e:

poverty goat has a new favorite as of 16:53 on Dec 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

PromethiumX posted:

I'll never forget the moment I fired up Quake 2 after getting my first Voodoo1 with its massive 4mb of VRAM and experienced 3d for the first time.

Changed my life man.

the first game i played with 3d acceleration was interstate 76

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

my original windows 95 cd. still not too scratched

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEOCElJ8-44

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Nah, just a CD caddy. Before CD-drive manufacturers had settled on a standard for physically mounting discs in the drive, some manufacturers went with a caddy system. Put the CD in the caddy, caddy slides into the drive.

Despite being pointless and unwieldy, I thought they were kind of cool in a retro-futuristic kind of way.

if you were swapping discs a lot this meant that they didn't get all scratched sitting on your desk because you're too lazy to keep putting them back in their cases, as long as you had some extra caddies

Archer666 posted:

Oculus Rift? Pffff, that tech's been around forever :smug:

It's actually a fairly interesting piece of hardware. They made some fairly creative solutions to practical problems, like their puck thing as a controller.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0n5B3fl-bU

i remember the last time i saw a virtual boy irl it was months after they'd flopped and there was one left at babbages or something at the mall marked down to $20. i wish id bought it

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Bonzo posted:

I bought a 5GB one at CompUSA on black Friday 1997 for store all my MP3s

i had a 40gb creative mp3 player back when that meant it had a mechanical hard drive inside and that thing held my entire music collection for several years

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO9q4H49cGA

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

there was a little local computer shop near my school (this is where i bought deus ex pre-goty in a box) and one time they showed me an AGP video card someone had tried to return where they actually cut the slot bit of the card that inserts into the motherboard down to make it fit in an ISA slot

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i played ww2 online when it was in beta, the first time, in ~2000-2001

bought in a box from the same local computer store where i bought deus ex

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Brainworm posted:

The highlight? A 1600x1200 4:3 display. No good for movies, but there's nothing better for writing.

until you want to split the screen between your writing and a source or whatever

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Brainworm posted:

Son, if I wanted to work with a 6" x 10" window I'd use one of these:

if youd listened to your mom about those videogames ruining your eyes maybe you wouldnt have trouble reading the small text

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

UT2000: the last great online shooter you could pirate

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Ping? Pong!
Ping? Pong!
Ping? Pong!
Ping? Pong!
Ping? Pong!
Ping? Pong!
Ping? Pong!
Ping? Pong!
Ping? Pong!

did you guys know that you cant hide the nag window in mirc now? the unlabelled checkbox in the corner that used to keep it from popping up disappeared several years ago

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Shadow posted:

look at this fag not using xchat :smug:

oh i havent personally used mirc in 100 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

Of course now you can legally get a free license for Windows 10.

well, the upgrade anyway