Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Donald Trump
View Results

• Locked thread
Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Dalael posted:

Democrats do it in a lovely ice rink.

Pretty sure I've seen that on a t-shirt from the 70s.

FaustianQ posted:

Wonder if they're going to drop a question about the recent VAN issue, or is it really just swept under the rug stop talking about it jesus christ shut up?

I'm hoping it'll make Bernie finally start playing for keeps rather than just continue to roll out the red carpet. Even if just purely for entertainment value. Otherwise it's just a repeat of the last snoozefest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Was that rands or christie's prep room

Pretty sure the toilet was Christie's

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Pretty sure the toilet was Christie's

Nah that was Rand's. He got upgraded to this after taking it up with the RNC:

Which is admittedly better, but meanwhile, at Chez Trump:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm unbelievably excited for Democratic Presidential Candidate #3!

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
I actually forgot O'Malley was in the debate.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
They should let O'Malley wear his 1812 reenactment gear to every debate. That's what I think.

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

fishmech posted:

They should let O'Malley wear his 1812 reenactment gear to every debate. That's what I think.

It would make his attacks on Bernie visually very funny.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lu Yan posted:

It would make his attacks on Bernie visually very funny.

Time ghost yells at old man is my favorite Korean drama.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Time ghost yells at old man is my favorite Doctor Who episode.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DNC throws the worst pool parties.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I like to think they all do a shot together before going out on stage for their debate :3:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

The Sullivan arena is actually not a bad debate venue and they've held it there every time when there's been a Manchester event.

I was in light clothes in 2008. I was fine.

Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot
yeah but not everyone is covered by SO MUCH loving BLUBBER

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

WugLyfe posted:

The Sullivan arena is actually not a bad debate venue and they've held it there every time when there's been a Manchester event.

I was in light clothes in 2008. I was fine.

As natives to the northeast it's fine. This was obviously a move to give Bernie the advantage - being from Vermont makes him more adept at functioning in such a cold environment.

Rail against the DNC for picking favorites.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

ive never been to this arena but i assume like most arenas they can get rid of the ice. without that around and without the refrigerating unit under the ice running i have to assume they just cool it to room temperature

i googled up a community college graduation in this arena and it looked like they were walking around on concrete http://photos.mccnh.edu/graduation2014/h23adc3#h23adc3

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

oystertoadfish posted:

ive never been to this arena but i assume like most arenas they can get rid of the ice. without that around and without the refrigerating unit under the ice running i have to assume they just cool it to room temperature

It's December in New Hampshire, even without the refrigerators running there's no way that building's at 'room temperature' if it isn't heated

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

ok fair enough but being a building in new hampshire im hoping it has heat capabilities?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

From left to right: Vodka, scotch, Draino

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

It's heated.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Note: the press filing center is in the ice rink. The debate is in a different building.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

ok fair enough but being a building in new hampshire im hoping it has heat capabilities?

I doubt they'll even get rid of the ice. It's the middle of hockey season.

They've likely just put the temporary flooring on top of it. It's actually not as cold as most people think, and most arenas in the area are capable of doing it comfortably. Hell, most hockey teams share the arenas with basketball teams up here, and the ice is always under the basketball court since the seasons happen at the same time. No one complains about how cold it is during basketball games.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Oh, they moved to the Dana center?

Weak. That building is dildos

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

troubled teen posted:

I doubt they'll even get rid of the ice. It's the middle of hockey season.

They've likely just put the temporary flooring on top of it. It's actually not as cold as most people think, and most arenas in the area are capable of doing it comfortably. Hell, most hockey teams share the arenas with basketball teams up here, and the ice is always under the basketball court since the seasons happen at the same time. No one complains about how cold it is during basketball games.

that's a sensible way to do it. i know in like nba/nhl arenas they can swap out the hockey/basketball layouts within just a day or two, but i can't pretend i know how a new hampshire ncaa division ii college hockey team deals with its arena needs and it sounds like you know something so thanks for the illumination

Joementum posted:

Note: the press filing center is in the ice rink. The debate is in a different building.

this makes sense. perhaps the community college graduation picture with the concrete floor i found is also from this separate building

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nojC6fP56VI

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

that's a sensible way to do it. i know in like nba/nhl arenas they can swap out the hockey/basketball layouts within just a day or two, but i can't pretend i know how a new hampshire ncaa division ii college hockey team deals with its arena needs and it sounds like you know something so thanks for the illumination

this makes sense. perhaps the community college graduation picture with the concrete floor i found is also from this separate building

Generally speaking, the biggest difference between pro and college in this regard is just how long it takes to transition from ice to floor on top of it (the pros tend to have a larger/better/more organized staff). Also the graduation picture could have been from an ice rink - I went to a DI college in the northeast and there were periods of the year (late spring to early fall, AKA when likely graduations happen) where there was no ice in there and it was just concrete flooring.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I'm still not convinced there is a debate tonight.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Immortan posted:

lol If you think Bernie Panders didn't know what his campaign staffers were doing w/r/t the data breach.

I love that awful pun insult name posts like this are probated in the loving sports forums but not in the political ones.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://www.cctv.org/stream-player-build?nid=17330

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

oystertoadfish posted:

It's a private college run by monks of the Benedictine order.

That arena is well equipped, NH hockey is a p big deal. In 2008 CNN removed the rink for a lavish event.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

WampaLord posted:

I love that awful pun insult name posts like this are probated in the loving sports forums but not in the political ones.

We should move this to TFF and make it a GDT!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

WugLyfe posted:

This is the Thursday Night Football of debates, so I'm all for it.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Jeb is on their live stream right now. It's fun watching his audience struggle to stay awake.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

WugLyfe posted:

it'll probably be more entertaining than the cowboys game

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

WugLyfe posted:

Hell yeah better than watching NFC East

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bernie played hockey while Mayor (see above) but Michelle Kwan works for Hillary's campaign. Not sure who has the ice skating advantage here.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Winkie01 posted:

Hell yeah better than watching NFC East

NFC East is basically a dumpster fire this year.

also lolling at the redskins being first place

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

WampaLord posted:

Well yeah, it's a political subforum, silly fuckin' pun names are the only humor people can muster in lieu of screaming.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Spiky Ooze posted:

Jeb is on their live stream right now. It's fun watching his audience struggle to stay awake.

Ugh the DNC has gotta get better opening acts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

etalian posted:

NFC East is basically a dumpster fire this year.

also lolling at the redskins being first place

Don't be a racist bro

• Locked thread