Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Donald Trump
View Results

• Locked thread
oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

ive never been to this arena but i assume like most arenas they can get rid of the ice. without that around and without the refrigerating unit under the ice running i have to assume they just cool it to room temperature

i googled up a community college graduation in this arena and it looked like they were walking around on concrete http://photos.mccnh.edu/graduation2014/h23adc3#h23adc3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

ok fair enough but being a building in new hampshire im hoping it has heat capabilities?

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

troubled teen posted:

I doubt they'll even get rid of the ice. It's the middle of hockey season.

They've likely just put the temporary flooring on top of it. It's actually not as cold as most people think, and most arenas in the area are capable of doing it comfortably. Hell, most hockey teams share the arenas with basketball teams up here, and the ice is always under the basketball court since the seasons happen at the same time. No one complains about how cold it is during basketball games.

that's a sensible way to do it. i know in like nba/nhl arenas they can swap out the hockey/basketball layouts within just a day or two, but i can't pretend i know how a new hampshire ncaa division ii college hockey team deals with its arena needs and it sounds like you know something so thanks for the illumination

Joementum posted:

Note: the press filing center is in the ice rink. The debate is in a different building.

this makes sense. perhaps the community college graduation picture with the concrete floor i found is also from this separate building

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Three Olives posted:

O'Mally should do this debate shirtless so anyone will give a poo poo about him.

i bet he's planning to hulk out at a strategic point and rip his shirt off

maybe after he says he'll crush putin's skull between his bare hands

just some debate thoughts

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

yes bring on the coughing

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

clinton really is good at this, knows when to evade the questions, when to bully the moderators, when to drop the one-liners and so on

democrats want to run against trump and they'll do it even if he doesn't win, so partly i'm sure they intended to give him more oxygen, but also if you want to talk to supporters and energize them, which is at least the theory, you've got to talk about what they care about

the democrats had to talk about trump and not the other gop candidates, because everybody else is talking about trump and not the other gop candidates

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

after all the agreeing bernie's done i bet he'll do the opposite of running independent which is working to round up his supporters and get them to vote for hillary

a lot of his work will probably be directly responding to the democrats=republicans theory

a sanders independent run would be less impactful than lafollette's runs a hundred years ago i think and the two political parties are far too strong to be shaken up by 30% of one of the parties minus the people who stick with the party over their candidate

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 05:12 on Dec 20, 2015

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i think a four-candidate race would probably just end in hillary getting fewer of her voters stolen than the gop guy gets stolen by trump and hillary winning more than half the EVs with like 29% of the state's votes

but even if the independents won enough states to keep hillary/gop under a majority of EVs the thing would be thrown to the house of representatives, where the exact opposite of upsetting the american political system would happen as the large majority of states with more republican than democratic representatives would cast their single vote for the gop nominee

the interesting argument might be if the gop guy finished fourth, since it was pointed out to me last time this was discussed that the house only considers the top 3 EV getters, but i think sanders would be #4

so there'd be plenty of fun talking for you guys to enjoy and then the political system would crush your dreams and laugh in your faces. just like it always does

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

robert lafollette won 17% of the national vote and one state in 1924 and nothing like you guys are wishing for happened at all

what you're talking about is precedented

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

also watching espn the announcers mentioned that clinton had ended the debate with 'may the force be with you'

that was all they said but that's a decent sign that it was the most impactful thing that happened tonight i think

i thought you people would post fast enough to not make me doublepost

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

im guessing tim kaine will be the democratic vp nominee just throwin it out there

i'm not sure but i think the democratic governor of virginia, loving terry god drat mcauliffe, would appoint his replacement. the appointee would have a tougher time keeping the seat than a true incumbent, but good vp candidates are kind of by definition people who you're taking a downgrade on if you pluck them out of the current office. maybe a democrat from a bluer state will be chosen instead

castro was mayor of a city with a strong city manager system and a cabinet member, that's his whole resume. i guess the substance doesn't really matter but he really is weak on everything except ethnicity and i guess he gave a good speech a dnc or two ago

edit: mark warner could be another candidate. i know i'm just guessing white guys from virginia but hell maybe it'll work out for me and i'll win the $0 prize

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 05:37 on Dec 20, 2015

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

the polling leader is going to end up in the middle, trump isn't anybodys peep and they put him in the center of that debate iirc

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i knew a female lawyer who worked on her campaign in '08 and was pretty enthusiastic, that's probably a good demographic for her

honestly there's plenty they just don't hang out with us

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

this forum is extremely male and thinks centrism is boring/evil, not a surprise that when you look around here you don't see many of the hillary people

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

centrists aren't usually as enthusiastic as the more extreme people, that's probably not a surprise to anybody. every once in a while it gets them in trouble, just take a look at the other primary. they usually win in the end, though

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

you know who else was cool and good

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

actually it was hitler

thanks for playing

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i feel like foreign policy points in primary debates are pretty much empty threats/promises. are there examples of this kind of detail being borne out in the policies of the president after election?

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

everybody's gonna say he made you caremad and he won the argument

but you actually won the argument

for all the good it does you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Matey posted:

this thread's still happening? the pop secret flavoratic debate is over y'all, butter sanders beat hillary caramelton

no he didnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Locked thread