Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Dolly Sods (West Virginia)

My dad entered that last photo in some photo contest and I took like second place or something and got a sweet Garmin backpacking GPS to use on future endeavors.
Also we got snowed out on the first night of our trip. Was supposed to drop to high 40s at night, ended up in the low 30s by morning, with like 70mph winds. Nothing unmanageable, but nobody was packed for it. Bummer. Need to get back there. Super cool vegetation.

Spruce Knob / Seneca Rocks (West Virginia)

Part of this trail includes a literal loving plane crash

Obviously my bullshit hikes in PA / WV don't come close to poo poo in the southwest but there you go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I have a lot of photos of the plane crash but most of them have my friends in them so I'd rather not post it but I think we identified it after the trip as an early 70s Cessna 402? I think?

There was a jar full of notes of grieving and stuff. It was pretty cool. Maybe 50 feet off the trail.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Big Schloss (VA/WV)

Best loving campsite I've ever seen, but not nearly enough room for my crew of 7

• Locked thread