Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
Post your outdoors pics.

Here are some from a trip I took to Glacier National Park this summer, bad camera and forest fire smoke included.

Belly River ranger station

Looking up the Mokowanis Valley

Looking back down the Mokowanis Valley.

Near the top of Stoney Indian Pass

Stoney Indian Lake

I think this was called Thunderbird Falls? Thunderbird Glacier obscured by the clouds up top

Brown Pass

Portapotty train

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

I was on a steamboat tour of the lake and when we came into view of the US parks ranger station, the guide on the boat warned us if we set foot in the area without a passport or special permission we would be arrested. So much for peace.

I was here last summer on the trip I posted in the OP, here's a photo looking the opposite direction from the ranger station:

It's a weird place, especially after three nights of seeing a handful of other hikers. Three separate rangers asked to see my permit and there were border guards walking back and forth and giving me the side-eye. They had running water though so that was cool.

Picnic Princess posted:

Mt. Alderson from the upper slopes of Mt. Carthew, showcasing just how bizarre the Waterton mountains really are.

:drat:

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
really pumped for my achilles to get better done looking at these pics

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
Search for stuff like "high-end compact" or "compact enthusiast". I don't know if the category has a more standard name but those search terms will take you to a bunch of review roundups. They're point-and-shoot cameras with larger sensors, great for keeping in a pocket. Some of the consensus models have seen crazy price rises after the big sites recommend them but older models are usually pretty cheap used.

• Locked thread