Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Well my photos aren't nearly as picturesque but as the sole hiker from Idaho (where I no longer live :( ) I'll throw in some of mine as well.

Lil goat on Wet Peak

Thompson Peak in the Sawtooths

The Fin

El Capitan, Montana. Toughest day hike I've ever done

Looking at the Lost River Range after recent snowfall

8 foot tall cairn on Elkhorn Peak

Hole in the wall on the way to USGS Peak

Also on the way

Possibly Goat Lake in the Pioneer Range

Goat on Bible Back Peak

Castle loving Peak

On top of Invisible Mountain. Almost didn't make the summit because it was obscured.

My friend takes much better pictures than I do. In the Sawtooths

Three sisters from El Capitan, Montana.

Very late season climb of Mt Breitenbach

On the way up Antares Peak

On the top of Kent Peak

Big Basin Peak is near a real big basin

On the way up Leatherman Peak

Backside of Lost River Range

Top of Galena Peak

Taking a break after summitting Castle loving Peak

The views from the top were spectacular

On my way up to Cabin Mountain

The higher you get, the higher you get

Late edit, my mom just moved to Canmore and I'll be up there in about 2 weeks to explore and hike some awesome areas. And also run a 100 mile relay race in the Kananaskis.

Hotel Kpro fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

After doing Ha Ling and most of Lady Mac (wtf is with that knifedge holy gently caress) I can see why this place is the tits. It's definitely made me consider relocating to Calgary to be closer to this place and hike a buttload more. I mean I already did it a lot but I could do it even more.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Picnic Princess posted:

I didn't finish Lady Mac, I got up on that ridge and said "Yep, that's good enough"

I'm the red dot.

I couldn't believe that was the route. 2000 foot drop on one side, slick rock at a steep angle on the other. And that wasn't even the super sketchy part.

I'm gonna have so many photos when I'm done here. Did Mt Bourgeau today, and because the people I was with were completely insane, we got up and down within 7 hours including two 15 minute breaks

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
It was a fun trip

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
25 mile hike + 8 on bike for the Assiniboine loop. After Lady Mac, Ha Ling, East Rundle, Mt Bourgeau, a walk in Banff, two trips up Cougar Creek, and the K100, ended up close to 100 miles of hiking/running and 20000 feet of vertical.

• Locked thread