Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Picnic, I see your Mt. Robson pictures and raise you.... Some more Mt. Robson pictures. Disclaimer: I was using a glorified Canon digital camera with a decent sized lens rather then a DSLR, and am a filthy casual at best when it comes to photography.
Btw, thanks for the write-up on this hike that you did in the hiking thread way back when I asked about it 2 years ago, it was a really good primer.

This is Mt. Robson in all it's glory, with the sprawling Robson Glacier cascading down it's slopes. Me and my Grandpa were also heading up to Snowbird pass, but also decided to stop once we got to the meadows leading up to it due to how god-damned hot it was.

This, my fellow goons, is one of the most marvellous sights imaginable after hiking for several hours without a water source at 30 degrees celsius. Taken pretty close from where I took the first picture on the path to Snowbird Pass

Bawk

Kinney Lake, the first campsite on the trail up to Mt. Robson, is a real nice spot during the day; However I feel it's character really shines when it's foggy during dawn and dusk. It almost seems ethereal

Mt. Robson really seems to like shrouding itself, only giving you the faintest glimpses of it's massive form when it's cloudy. This was taken on the plain that leads to Berg Lake, seen in the foreground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You've just given me inspiration to attempt one or two of those hikes this summer with my roommate. Which of the Kananaskis hikes are somewhat easier for a 3 day backpacking trip for someone with a new backpacker in tow?

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

A Kpro posted:

I couldn't believe that was the route. 2000 foot drop on one side, slick rock at a steep angle on the other. And that wasn't even the super sketchy part.

I'm gonna have so many photos when I'm done here. Did Mt Bourgeau today, and because the people I was with were completely insane, we got up and down within 7 hours including two 15 minute breaks

:vince: That walk is making me feel uneasy, and I'm just sitting at a desk. What if it got real gusty while one was crossing :barf:

• Locked thread