Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Springtime is best time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop

Had the pleasure of hiking in an impeccably maintained park in a small town west of Nashville. Over 17 miles of mixed-use trails (horses, bikes, hikers), but thanks to a light rain I had the place to myself!

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
What sort of case or bags do yall use to carry DSLRs?

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Yesterday I went with a group out to Frozen Head SP in east Tennessee.  
View east/southeast from Frozen Head lookout (~3200 ft):

Panther Gap Rockhouse:

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop

Flambeau fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 19, 2016

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Yesterday I went out to the Savage Gulf Area in the Cumberland plateau. Did a ~13-mile loop down into this gorge and then back along the ridge top.

Popular swimming hole at Greeter Falls

Broadtree Falls was pretty quiet

Ranger Falls, near the bottom of the gorge. The creek sinks underground here during the summer.

The Stone Door, an enormous crack in the face of the bluff

Nearly walked face-first into this nest hanging directly over the trail

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
The popular Fiery Gizzard trail in Tennessee is being rerouted down off a ridge and in some sections are installing these ~350lb blocks (sandstone I think?) as steps.
We used a pulley system to bring them down, but unfortunately I didn't get any good action shots.

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Spent a few days in the southeastern corner of Glacier National Park

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Stunning waterfall!

I had a great hike on the Cumberland Trail 'Grassy Cove' section yesterday. Began at Black mountain overlook and went across to Brady mountain overlook before heading back. 14 miles with ~3800ft cumulative gain meant I got my money's worth at a local buffet afterward.

From Brady Mountain:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Aw man, that last one is great.

• Locked thread