Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

I stalk birds and other critters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

That loving sculpin had it coming.

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

God drat, we have some talented landscape photographers in here.

lavaca posted:

Fog (Prairie Creek Redwoods)

Oh hey, you were right in my back yard there. Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park now has Humboldt County's first documented Great Gray Owl visitor since 1982.

When I took the video gear to film it, the morning's first adventurous vole came out of its burrow just a few feet in front of me, and the owl caught it. I didn't want to scare the owl by moving my camera back far enough to get it in focus, so I just filmed the rest of the encounter on my phone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx0D-G5PSbE

Del Norte Coast Redwoods State Park has had some amazing fog lately.

Short-eared Owl in the Mad River Slough Wildlife Area:

• Locked thread