Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

i like hiking in rubber boots. makes my feet sweaty tho :gerty:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Free Market Mambo posted:

Otzi would eat these people and discard their ridiculous shoes.

I asked a physical anthropologist when humans invented shoes and he said probably like 500,000 years ago. check mate hippies :smug:

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Lotka Volterra posted:

I know quite a few people who wear chacos almost exclusively while hiking/doing field work in krummholz/alpine, so they should be good. The only obvious draw backs are that if you're not graceful you'll end up cutting up your feet and they're not waterproof

i Knew some of those people too and their feet always looked like a goddamn disaster w/ toenails falling off and gnarly calluses. Still they swore by em.

• Locked thread