Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
Your a scrub if you don't get your gear at an REI garage sale or the army surplus.

Also Wool is the poo poo. No sleeping bag, just a surplus wool blanket is way more comfortable as long as it isn''t below 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
I've often doubled a thick pair of hiking boots as my work boots. Multi purpose to justify the expense. I would look at elevation/weather/distance and consider your footwear choice. Sounds like a guided beginners trip will keep that in mind and you wont be too tortured by non-boot wearing but you never know.

Also never piss off the rain-gods and forget your rain gear especially in the PNW. If you cursed my hike by not bringing your poncho I would personally throw you in a river, as you wish to enjoy the water so much.

sound advise.

• Locked thread