Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Denver, it is a wilderness mecca.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Sinnlos posted:

I'm from Chicago, Illinois. We have some decent parks in northern Illinois, and just across the border in Wisconsin. I've hiked Kettle Moraine and Starved Rock, though my favorite is backpacking in the Porcupine Mountains in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Porkies are great. I did the big loop over 5 days 8 years ago. The 17 miles along the lake were really rad.

Also you should go hike pictured rocks also in the UP. Super nice.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Save me jeebus posted:

Colorado Springs. We have 3 city parks that have extensive hiking and climbing (bolted and trad routes), plus tons of National Forest nearby, and also a pretty neat mountain. If I'm not hanging out here, I'm up in the ranges throughout the state. Saturday is a backpack in RMNP; woot!

We are you going in the park? On snow shoes? We headed out of bear lake two Sundays ago to ski. The skinning was nice, decent amount of snow.

• Locked thread