Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
I am just east of Vancouver, BC. My past year has been spent running as my main hobby/workout, and while I plan to continue that I'd like to do more day hikes and overnight camping trips. It's just a matter of doing it and not worrying about all the bears.

We've had some nice day hikes in Lynn Canyon and Buntzen Lake, but really want a bit more than just 10K or whatever. I'm open to any weekend camping suggestions in the Vancouver area or other fairly nearby places in BC. We have been up to Tweedsmuir to raft and watch grizzlies on the Atnarko River, but that was more of a day trip rather than camping. We stayed at the lodge there. Another place we've enjoyed hiking is at Wells Grey. We also stayed at a lodge there. Time to plan some tent-camping!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
We can see Mt. Baker on clear days from the balcony at the front of our house. Or if we go over to the Gilnetter Pub on the river up in Coquitlam. It is pretty :cool:

• Locked thread