Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
email. and sometimes (a lot fo times) when im at home (not even using firefox or have the extension) i hallucinate the sound and it triggers me into a work feel. which is bad a lot of times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i changed my email sound to a loud burp so people wouldnt email me while im at work

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I get that phantom phone vibration

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
I changed my lync incoming message sound to the 1up sound from super mario bros

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
My friends with iWatch and androidWatch started getting the phantom vibrate on their wrist like three days after they started wearing them.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

i turn off system sounds why would i ever want to hear those

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

Nash Regex posted:

tfw you're in line at the store and you hear the default ios message sound and like 5 different people check their phones but you know it's not yours because you don't use default sounds :smug:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Nash Regex posted:

:agreed:

i have some retarded process i've been running in an xp vm lately and a few days ago i sat down to do some funny computing and booted up the vm and then clicked on a youtube and my viewing experience was ruined by the xp start sound

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i use the star trek communicator sounds. this has been a great motivator to keep my phone on silent

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Smythe posted:

email. and sometimes (a lot fo times) when im at home (not even using firefox or have the extension) i hallucinate the sound and it triggers me into a work feel. which is bad a lot of times.

sounds like your job sucks, what type of computer programming is it??

FPS_Sage
Oct 25, 2007

This was a triumph
Gun Saliva
i automatically print all of my emails so whenever i hear the printer warming up, i know i need to check my inbox

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

BANME.sh posted:

tfw you're in line at the store and you hear the default ios message sound and like 5 different people check their phones but you know it's not yours because you don't use default sounds :smug:
set all sounds to the duck quacking

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Space-Pope posted:

set all sounds to the duck quacking

add some echo to it to really freak out your coworkers!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

sounds like your job sucks, what type of computer programming is it??

i dont program computers

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
snuthe

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

echinopsis posted:

same. worst is when my phone is in my hand and i get phantom phone vibrate in my pocket and go to check and then realise

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
i use firefox too op but i'm considering switching to chome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROCUEccwCEw

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
my computer constantly make Sex Noises which frequently raises a hearty belly laugh from my red blooded male colleagues

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

Dr. Honked posted:

my computer constantly make Sex Noises which frequently raises a hearty belly laugh from my red blooded male colleagues

mine makes sex noises too, but at home. with the door closed and lights turned off

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

echinopsis posted:

i have muscle twitches and frequently think my phone is going off at work

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i used to work at a blockbuster and had a fear of phones for probably three years after

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sick

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
chome now does notifcations for twitter and facebook but even if they aren't open in chome

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

echinopsis posted:

chome now does notifcations for twitter and facebook but even if they aren't open in chome

ya

pram
Jun 10, 2001

what the..

pram
Jun 10, 2001
what a delightfully irreverent misspelling

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
idk if these forums are prepared for the child of lomarf and chome happening elsewear

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:cry: :qq: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3757030 :qq: :cry:

god I am a loser

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
dont blame me. im eager for the birth of my first klurf

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
cool turt

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

BANME.sh posted:

the default sms tone from IOS ≤ 6 was perfection.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
who the gently caress is the retarded pussy bitchmade mod gassing these classic works of comedy like the chomarf thread

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pram posted:

who the gently caress is the retarded pussy bitchmade mod gassing these classic works of comedy like the chomarf thread

the new mod with 160 pages of posts in the cat thread

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
it just goes to show you how out of touch Star Wars expert was appointing loving graph instead of smythe

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
goldmine

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pram posted:

it just goes to show you how out of touch Star Wars expert was appointing loving graph instead of smythe

pram
Jun 10, 2001
durr must appoint someone who will guard the sanctity of the computer cat thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

A Pinball Wizard posted:

I changed my lync incoming message sound to the 1up sound from super mario bros

Same but earthbound present

• Locked thread