Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Droo
Jun 25, 2003

I saw a couple when I was recently buying a new house and they were nice. The main reason to have one is that the real estate listing things (MLS, redfin, realtor.com, zillow etc) have lovely formats, low picture resolution, and a very limited amount of text you can type in. It would be basically impossible for me to list all the selling points of my house in the 1000 character limit that they give you, let alone present them in a nice way with high quality images.

If I were making a page to sell my house, I would keep it in a simple format - a nice list of features at the top, an image slideshow (probably not automated) where each picture has additional optional text below it to spell out more features and the pictures are high quality, and then some simple contact information at the bottom. I would make sure that google could index the page, but mainly I would link to the page on sites and in the MLS listing basically as a "For more detailed information, visit 221bbakerstreet.com" after the other info.

For a $2,000,000 house, if you increase the sale price by 0.1% by having a nice website then it's worth it. In more likelihood, you would increase the sale price by 0% a lot of the time, or 1-5% some of the time, depending on whether your site brings in a potential buyer that otherwise wouldn't have bothered to visit your house. But on average I think it would certainly be worth 4-8 hours of work to build a nice little site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread