Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

don't forget the non-normie list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I think it's OK to forget that list.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Devil is a Part-Timer winning was a good result.

MaoucDonalds was great but not better than Kyousougiga.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rodyle posted:

but it was more popular, and without weighted lists that's what matters :shrug:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I mean it made my list too but that was also a year in which we had Chihayafuru S2.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the real crime of 2013 was yozakura quartet getting nowhere near the list

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

the real crime of 2013 was yozakura quartet getting nowhere near the list

No one picked it up for streaming at the point where that had just become the death knell for popularity.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I don't even remember hearing about YQ that year, and not much since until the chat thread loved it. I'll go ahead and say it here, though, in 2016, in the Best Anime of 2015 thread: Yozakura Quartet was one of the best animes of 2013.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We had a thread for it where everyone conspicuously and deliberately ignored the crazy amount of fanservice, just in case.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, i would expect a YQ thread back then to go about as well as the Zvezda one. though i also feel like the first "arc" of YQ is kinda meh, and it's why i dropped it 5 or 6 episodes in the first time.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Considering that Kyousogiga is one of my top 10 of all time, that kinda pissed me off.

Nate RFB posted:

I mean it made my list too but that was also a year in which we had Chihayafuru S2.

Also this.

I certainly enjoyed Part-Timer and I think it was on my top 5 list, but in a year with the above two shows in it Part-Timer had no business being at the top of the list.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
As the OP for the incredibly white noise YZQ thread, I'm super glad no one posted about the fanservice in it, because as I remember the Zorak days, your options were to just pretend it doesn't exist or loudly post about how Actually This Is Bad Because Tity

e: except for KLK I think but I couldn't bear to read that thread

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

e: except for KLK I think but I couldn't bear to read that thread

i liked the time that someone posted a second by second play by play of the Rape Cage Butt Spank scene

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I liked the part of the KLK thread where Z wanted to have his cake and eat it too.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Kill La Kill was an incredibly dumb show I enjoyed watching most of the time.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Bad Seafood posted:

:agreed:

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

For next year everyone should be encouraged to list all the shows they enjoyed as honorable mentions.
Yeah if I knew there was gonna be extensive data analysis I would've found the time to weight my shows and create an honorable mentions list.

As it is, good to know for next year.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Bad Seafood posted:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
KLK pretty much saved anime and is the only reason I was able to watch masterpieces like OPM this season.

Anime would have died without KLK.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

KLK pretty much saved anime and is the only reason I was able to watch masterpieces like OPM this season.

Anime would have died without KLK.

Actually Ping-Pong did it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
You just couldn't tell, cause Masaaki Yuasa was just that good at Ping-Pong

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Looking on while my roommate watched the first episode of Kill La Kill is why I got back into anime. This is good and bad I guess.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

graybook posted:

Looking on while my roommate watched the first episode of Kill La Kill is why I got back into anime. This is good and bad I guess.

Actually, it's just good

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

The Colonel posted:

Ping Pong was decent but it wasn't really the complex masterpiece KLK was.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Colonel posted:

You just couldn't tell, cause Masaaki Yuasa was just that good at Ping-Pong

Maybe he should have put less effort into playing ping pong and more effort into animating Ping Pong.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Maybe he should have put less effort into playing ping pong and more effort into animating Ping Pong.

That would require his arms to literally rip themselves off his body from compound stress.

I don't want that. :ohdear:

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

The Colonel posted:

Pretty funny way to spell Little Witch Academia there, buddy.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

kill la kill loving sucks and i hate it

but thats my opinion

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Cardboard Box posted:

kill la kill loving sucks and i hate it

but thats my opinion

It had its moments but I don't really feel like rewatching it and taken as a whole I would struggle to rate it anything more than "really uneven."

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i have an inherent complete hatred for anything overly fanservicey and rapey and thats entirely what klk is so any of its good parts are blinded by my fury

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fanservice is cool & good if it's just fanservice but kill la kill has this really weird complex about its fanservice where a lot of it just winds up feeling weird and skeevy

and yeah, 12:39 buttslap

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
my opinion on kill la kill: i really like the first half. i really don't like some parts in the second half. the action scenes were cool

a lot of people hate imaishi but i don't mind him, kill la kill though was not one of his more fun shows

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Cardboard Box posted:

i have an inherent complete hatred for anything overly fanservicey and rapey and thats entirely what klk is so any of its good parts are blinded by my fury

Why did you watch Kill la Kill?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i didnt finish it

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'd have liked it a whole lot more if it was just crazy fun poo poo like the No Late Day, or the Osaka guy or whatever. No big plot stuff.

A lot more like panty and stocking basically.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Cardboard Box posted:

i didnt finish it

You should.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Namtab posted:

You should.

Probably not worth it, most of the good episodes are early on.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Namtab posted:

You should.

nah, especially knowing what comes later

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

StandardVC10 posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

StandardVC10 posted:

All one of them in fact

• Locked thread