Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

5 is hard but I did it.

#5 Ore Monogatari
#4 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Part 2
#3 Working!!
#2 Parasyte
#1 Shirobako

I also wanted to put Wakako-zake and Crowds on my list but they didn't make the Top 5 cut. Cheers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here's a 2016 Preview:

#1 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
#2 Osomatsu-San
#3 Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney

2 other good shows.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Having a tie for first is some weak poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Euphonium is a real #2, that's for sure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

no its garbage but these people are retarded

This.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Torquemadras posted:

Done. All glory to Shirobako.
I seriously can't think of anything wrong with this show. (...okay, new animator girl in the later half was annoying. Oh well.) It's not even a little bit spiteful, and even though the shows they're making look like run-of-the-mill standard fare (...are they? Still gotta check out the additional episodes), I've never been so invested in the fate of an, uh, anime's anime. May not beat One Punch Man for me personally, but oh well, ranking's meaningless in the top 5 anyway.

...my favorite character was Taro, because he's every annoying office dude you've ever known rolled into one, yet he grows on you :unsmith:

The anime they work on is kinda deliberately danced around because the implication is that it's actually pretty standard fare. That's kind of the hardest hitting part about the show, is that due to the realities of creative production (no matter where it is) 95% of the stuff these people will work on in their lives is doomed to nameless mediocrity, but it's their job and they're passionate about it because they have to be or else they'd go insane or end up like that PA in the second half. It's a cool part of the show that's never blatantly addressed (that I can recall, it's been a while) but it kinda haunts the entire series

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will never understand the insane popularity of Devil is a Part-Timer that was expressed in this forum

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

the actual insane part is that chuunibyou made the top 10

Yeah lol, but 10 ish votes really isn't that high a bar if people were just posting a top 5.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

only 5 votes for lucky star :ughh:

Unfounded anti-Haruhi-ism backlash, IMO. Not that I was reading the forum during this period but I have to imagine that's the case.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

kater posted:

Wasn't My Neighbor Seki the dumb five minute show about the kid who threw spitballs at the girl sitting next to him? That tied Bahamut?

Yeah. Can't believe Bahamut got that much support, lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a kitten posted:

There's not even a Gatchaman page??!

I don't think anybody maintains the Animated Death Tentacle Rape Warehouse Wiki.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Namtab posted:

They weren't very exciting

Nobody was watching because all the sane people gave up 2 episodes into season 1.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Inferno cop was pretty funny and I liked it. them doing basically the same thing with worse jokes in Ninja Slayer From was disappointing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

ninja slayer wasn't really inferno cop 2. it was a mix of inferno cop and, gently caress, i don't even know it changed what it was doing so many times but the ninja girl was cute and so was nancy

I only watched the first episode. Never saw a Ninja Girl

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first 12 minutes of Lucky Star where they talk about eating chocolate cornets is epic.

In Training fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 29, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress! I'll edit my post.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Since I was curious I dug up the OG lucky star thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2416871 because reading archives of old reactions is fascinating to me in a weird way.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a kitten posted:

I almost wonder if i'd feel differently about it now that i've seen a whole hell of a lot more anime; at the time it was the 2nd or 3rd show i'd ever seen fansubbed.

It was the second one I had watched, after Haruhi, and I realized upon rewatching a few years later that a lot of very specific jokes had gone over my head at the time, and I'm sure there's still more that im missing but a majority of the jokes don't depend on it (outside of that one insane Haruhi-centric episode) so I really wasn't missing much.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

A yearly "best anime of ten years ago" thread could be a cool idea.

Highlighting old random years is a neat idea. In the process f searching for the Lucky Star thread I found out there was a (loose) anime adaptation of Romeo and Juliet that aired in 2007. I'll probably check it out now and it probably won't be anything special but it's something I never even knew existed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Namtab posted:

Welcome to the best anime oif 2001 thread with such pre-moe contenders as....

Baki the Grappler!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh poo poo...there was a PaRappa the Rappa anime in 2001...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Apologies.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wow Working has no love

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's probably the best list this forum has produced, except for the lack of Working!!!.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

shoutout to the other 2 tesagure fans

I will probably watch this after I finish One Punch Man.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shouts out to all the shows with one vote. Somebody loves you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Do you mean the lists that have both or the lists that have either

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can agree with this since my list won't be cut.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

I'm remembering that Shirobako came out of nowhere, with no previous material to hype and not a lot of prestige attached to it, and went on to grab this huge audience of people who really love it. That's a good feel.

I remember reading the synopsis before it came out it seemed to be billing itself as a slice of life show about high school girls in an anime club, which is true of the first 5ish minutes of run time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm up to episode 7 of this and it's pretty good but I feel like there are too many characters for an idiot like me so I haven't grown to recognise many or appreciate them. I do like the red head with blue eyes (Shizuka?) 'cos it's setting up for life to poo poo on her and that makes me feel bad for her.

e: The mohawk kid and fat rear end director are assholes I don't like them at all.

Zuka-chan-senpai... :smith:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Why not include both unweighted and weighted on the Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse Wiki for the heck of it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The costumes are amazing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PirateDentist posted:

I always look forward to this thread. I tend to binge watch anime two or three times a year, so it's great to get all the good stuff sifted out from the previous year that I'd have otherwise overlooked. Big thanks to everyone who does mini write ups as well, they really help in figuring out if it's something I'd probably like.

Currently working through Ore Monogatari!! and enjoying it quite a bit. I enjoy the fact it doesn't drag the initial suspense on for loving ever. Prison School was another one I grabbed from the thread, a fun short series. Food Wars is so dumb, but in a good way. Every shonen action trope but applied to cooking. Can't wait for more.

Like the previous top ten lists I'll probably work through them all eventually, as I've enjoyed most of what has made it on the previous years lists.

I hope the adult office genre becomes a thing. I really liked Service X Servant and Shirobako.

Working!! is another office genre show (the office is a restaurant), and it's really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There are some flashbacks to offices. I'll allow it.

• Locked thread