Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I didn't forget about Parasyte, but... 2015 was stacked. That said, this is also the first year I noticed another poster with the same 5 series as me, albeit in a different order.

5. Concrete Revolutio - Simple yet complex.

4. One Punch Man - Powerful yet Ok.

3. Ore Monogatari - Sweet yet sweeter.

2. Sound! Euphonium - Dramatic yet goofy.

1. Shirobako - Rarely does a show come along and do something so different/well/unique that it gets me to change my perception of anime as a whole. In the past 20 years: Eva, Bebop, FMA, Haruhi, Geass, TTGL, and now Shirobako. Seems odd to list this show with the others, but it does. This anime was so good, it helped me enjoy other completely unrelated anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

http://adtrwiki.com/index.php?title=Top_10_Anime_by_Year

This wiki page is still the best resource this subforum creates and maintains. A snapshot of anime year to year, and a recommendation list for anyone interested.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

In Training posted:

I will never understand the insane popularity of Devil is a Part-Timer that was expressed in this forum

It was expected to be bad, but turned out pretty good, making it feel like it was extremely good.

Alternative answer: acceptable baps in the Zorak era

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

darkgray posted:

Feels like I screwed up 2009 in hindsight. Would it be possible to redo a proper 2009 vote now? It could finally give Haruhi s2 the recognition it deserves.

This sound like it could be amazing or a trainwreck. Fire it up.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

The Devil Tesla posted:

Notice the lack of Gatchaman Crowds on that list. I think folks were more likely to put something easy to like but not that exciting over something interesting. Also:

Not that I would have put it in my 2013 Top 5 anyways, but IIRC Gatchaman Crowds lost a bunch of votes due solely to Utsutsu's costume design.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Agronox posted:

I laughed at the sheer audacity of starting a show that way, but holy poo poo a lot of people just HATED that.

This and Same, especially since it came with the whiplash of being all :wtc: at seeing the Opening sequence for the first time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

• Locked thread