Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

These twoare split cour and have continuations planned next year:
Akagami no Shirayukihime (Snow White with the Red Hair)
Concrete Revolutio

I'm not sure if those counted in previous years?

Answer below is "no"

Votes

1. Shirobako
A wonderful mix of fun and serious, and it manages to teach you some things on the way too. Every character feels real and reasonable (except one, who is never reasonable, and gets what he deserves) - an office story which keeps you on the edge of your seat! An unconditional recommendation from me.

2. Euphonium
Looks great, sounds great, feels great.

3. Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic
Turns up the comedy and character interactions from the first season, getting everything to mesh even better. Also brings further depth to the side characters.

4. Koufuku Graffiti
A very delicious cooking show. Also really like the songs.

5. Yuru Yuri 3 HAI!
Adds lots of depth to what previously appeared more as simple character archetypes, while keeping the comedy up. Not only lots of funny moments, but also several quite touching ones.

Nearly made the list
Red-haired Princess Shirayuki (took a bit to get me hooked, but the characters come off as very natural and likable)
Baby Steps S2

Also enjoyed these a lot
Dog Days S3
Gakkou Gurashi
Himouto! Umaru-chan
Non-Non Biyori Repeat
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
Rolling Girls
Seiken Tsukai no World Break
Show By Rock
Teekyuu
Tesagure! Bukatsumono spin-off
Wakakozake

nielsm fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Edited my votes in earlier in the thread.

nielsm posted:

Votes

1. Shirobako
A wonderful mix of fun and serious, and it manages to teach you some things on the way too. Every character feels real and reasonable (except one, who is never reasonable, and gets what he deserves) - an office story which keeps you on the edge of your seat! An unconditional recommendation from me.

2. Euphonium
Looks great, sounds great, feels great.

3. Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic
Turns up the comedy and character interactions from the first season, getting everything to mesh even better. Also brings further depth to the side characters.

4. Koufuku Graffiti
A very delicious cooking show. Also really like the songs.

5. Yuru Yuri 3 HAI!
Adds lots of depth to what previously appeared more as simple character archetypes, while keeping the comedy up. Not only lots of funny moments, but also several quite touching ones.

Nearly made the list
Red-haired Princess Shirayuki (took a bit to get me hooked, but the characters come off as very natural and likable)
Baby Steps S2

Also enjoyed these a lot
Dog Days S3
Gakkou Gurashi
Himouto! Umaru-chan
Non-Non Biyori Repeat
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
Rolling Girls
Seiken Tsukai no World Break
Show By Rock
Teekyuu
Tesagure! Bukatsumono spin-off
Wakakozake

Also, it looks like I should give Yona a second chance. I never made it past half the first episode when it first started.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Above Our Own posted:

Iron Blooded Orphans - a mature Gundam show with a grim and brutal tone? sign me the gently caress up

Not eligible, because it first ends during next year.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Kytrarewn posted:

For my part, I can't believe that Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo failed to get even a single vote mention in the 2013 thread, since it may be my favorite show of all time. It carried over across the year from late 2012 to early 2013, so there was a long time between the end of the show and the voting period, and I'm guessing that a lot of people probably avoided it because of mistaken assumptions about the name, but even so...

I liked it, and should probably watch it again some time.

But I seem to remember that, at the time, some were complaining that it did nothing but make fun of an autistic kid, and should be boycotted for that.

• Locked thread