Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

it was going fine until everyone jumped down that guys throat for daring to not like a popular anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

What exactly is the problem then? Seems like he doesn't want to watch shows about high school girls. Not enjoying the subject matter is like the most inoffensive reason

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Since it's getting close to counting time and I haven't finished Shirobako, I'm just going to list my 5 favorites anyway.

1. Your Lie in April - Probably the most memorable show I've seen this year. Having an emotional plot centered around music is a really easy way to get me to pay attention to your show. It hit every note for me (no pun intended).

2. Hibike! Euphonium - Honestly I loved this show for similar reasons to Lie, and in another year it would've taken #1. Hell, if I watched this before Lie I might even be switching them around. It's not as emotional but the relationship between Kumiko and Reina was so genuine and well done. That coupled with Kyoani's fantastic production created a real winner.

3. One Punch Man - I never read either manga (and I plan to..) so I didn't really have a lot of expectations. That said all the hype from other people was really deserved. Great animation + extremely likable characters. Such a simple plot, but executed so well that it really surprised me.

4. Ore Monogatari - Extremely sweet, feel good show. I thought I would get bored halfway through and there were a few times that I thought about giving up, but every time I did something genuinely cute and exciting happened and I was pulled right back in. I usually prefer my romances to have more drama but this was a nice break from the usual and the main pair were so good together. Plus Suna is such a bro.

Last one's rough, there are a lot of shows I want to pick...

5. Oregairu S2 - This show was interesting for me. I watched season 1 back when it aired and while I enjoyed it, it was kinda one of those shows I just forgot about right afterwards. So when the second season got announced, I was really surprised it got as much hype as it did. People had high expectations and I didn't know what was up, I mean S1 was cool but it didn't really wow me that much. But I ended up being really blown away by this show. Not sure if it's because of the source material getting better or the new studio for it really putting in the effort to make a great show, but talk about a jump in quality between seasons. Now IIRC the final episodes even went past the source material? So season 3 is like... so far away and that makes me sad. Oh also I should apologize to Davincie because I was saying CR was fine for this show, but when I went to my files to prove something it turned out I had Commie subs, even though I thought it was CR this whole time :v:

Honorable Mentions:
Death Parade
Parasyte
Owarimonogatari

RIP Shirobako I promise I will finish you soon.

Funny how the further down my list, the more I wrote for the show lmao

Admoon fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 1, 2016

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Endorph posted:

okay but i need to see eupho's graph now

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I'm in the middle of watching Shirobako now and can say this: it's good

• Locked thread