Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
It's not the end of the year yet, and the votes haven't been tallied, so I'm not too late.

1) Shirobako - No question about it, this is AOTY, and a contender for anime of the decade. I'm having a hard time thinking of any media that has managed to resonate as well with me as this has. Part of it was that I started working last fall, so I saw a ton of my concerns and anxieties reflected in the main cast. To me, that's really what the show was about : young professionals entering the workforce. Going past that, it manages to feature a very large ensemble cast, and manages to give everyone time in the spotlight. I cried at the end, you know which scene.

2) Sound! Euphonium - The best show Kyoani has made since Hyouka. Fantastically animated as always, this show is gorgeous. I played in my high school band, but we never did any competitions. Still, this brought back memories of how hard it was to learn and practice, especially just drilling difficult sections. This is a good high school drama.

3) School-Live - This took a potentially disastorous premise, and made it work really well. The weird juxtaposition of the zombie apocalypse and moe antics worked out far better than I would have expected. Some of the reveals were predictable, but others worked really well. The tension really got to me, and I never skipped the OP.

4) Non Non Biyori Repeat (s2) - If you only watch one cute SOL show from this year, this is the one to watch. Whoever said that this was the best healing anime since Aria gets it.

5) Working!!! (s3) - It's Working!, but with relationship development. If you haven't yet, there's a double episode that was released a few days ago that finishes up the season.

Honourable Mentions
Akagami no Shirayukihime (Snow White with the Red Hair) - I think this might have broken the top 5 if they hadn't forgotten Shirayuki's motivation to become a good herbalist in the second half of the show.

Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] s2 - On a different day, this might have beaten out Working!!!. I like how the story progresses, though there are some points that are relentlessly drilled into the audience. The fights are incredibly pretty.

My Love Story!! - Suna is the best bro

For the requisite cute girls doing cute things SOL anime:
Koufuku Graffiti - The first anime of 2015 that made me hungry
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka??
Hello!! Kin-iro Mosaic
YuruYuri SP+s3

Wakakozake - The second anime of 2015 that made me hungry, the first that made me cook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
I went ahead and added the results to the wiki. Time to make missing pages.

• Locked thread