Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

Five shows is incredibly hard. I just went with what I enjoyed most as they aired. Like how can anything compare to JoJo's ending, but that poo poo made me want to pull out my hair until they got to the final three or so fights.

Akagami no Shirayukihime (Snow White with the Red Hair) - an anime in which everybody is a responsible human being capable of making good decisions.

DanMachi (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?) - the opposite? I really like dumb fantasy mmo shows, and this is the better of those done this year.

Hibike! Euphonium (Sound! Euphonium) - I mean if they aren't going to make Hyouka they might as well make this.

Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu (The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan) - There were a lot of slow paced shows about nothing, but this one also had a crazy mindfuck stuck right in the middle. That's kind of reductive, if I hadn't really liked it before the twist then it would have been meaningless.

Shokugeki no Soma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) - I watched like a billion shonen shows this year and they are all kind of the same thing so this could easily have been Yowapedal or Baby Steps or Kuro's Ninja Basketball or whatever, but Food Wars was much more consistent than anything else. Always epic and always beautiful and always ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wasn't My Neighbor Seki the dumb five minute show about the kid who threw spitballs at the girl sitting next to him? That tied Bahamut?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I know it took me a long time to get past how stupid the characters look.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Most surprising about that list is that there were kinda legitimately 50 good animes this year.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Davincie posted:

lets count the votes with all the normies who voted opm and jojo's filtered out

Top 3 No Normies Allowed (Any vote for Shirobaka, OPM, JoJo disqualifies)

1. SNAFU S2
3. Owarimonogatari
3. Symphogear GX

Somehow this isn't surprising.

I also checked with just Shirobako/OPM banned and it is *alot* more normie.

1. Jojo
2. SNAFU S2
3. Fate/Stay
4. Euphonium
5. Parasyte
6. Owarimonogatari
7. Symphogear
8. My Love Story
9. Food Wars

This was 20 people in total. There were 5 people that didn't vote for a single top 10 winner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Whoo just tossed Working!!! on the 'I didn't watch this when it aired because I was already woefully behind but goddamn that really was a great show' pile. Now to check out Parasyte.

• Locked thread