Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

#1 - Gundam Reconguista in G

While Tomino didn't accomplish everything he wanted to do with the show, it was still a refreshing, wild ride right up to the very end. It had a clear message delivered through very colorful, creative visuals (That I'd really love to see more of in the genre in this day and age). Definitely my fave mecha show in quite awhile, and it's a shame that the streaming situation was such a kerfuffle since in this day and age asking someone to download a show is (for good reasons) a bit more than what many folks want to do unless they're already interested in it.

#2 - Maria the Virgin Witch

It's cool when directors work on a project that's outside their usual MO. Goro Taniguchi normally works on sci-fi shows but after his extended absence from the director's chair he made an excellent adaption of a well-researched historical fantasy manga. It's a very good show that very few people watched and I hope it's one of those shows that gets more attention as time goes on.

#3 - Shirobako

If this show was just about the animation industry it would be a neat inside baseball curiosity, but thankfully they did a fine job at making you care about every single character. It's a tough industry, and the show makes you genuinely want nearly everyone to succeed.

#4 - Gatchaman Crowds Insight

I am completely, utterly sick and tired of superhero stuff, and season 2 of Crowds once again examines the concept in a way that is entirely my poo poo. Not every conflict can be resolved by punching a bad man really hard, after all.

#5 - Punchline

Another show lots of people skipped out on. It's the rare show that managed to build up lots of intricate (yet easy to understand) plot threads and didn't drop the ball on any of them. But more importantly the dynamics between the cast are a lot of fun and it has the best anime house of 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In Training posted:

I will never understand the insane popularity of Devil is a Part-Timer that was expressed in this forum

I think with that year's poll it happened because all votes in a person's top 5 are given equal weight so it was rarely a first choice but a very frequent 4th or 5th

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

5. Punchline

I expected nothing from this show but was convinced to check it out and ended up enjoying it a lot. Thanks Srice.

Always glad to see folks checking out and enjoying something that got overlooked :toot:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

:cheerdoge:

• Locked thread