Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
1. SHIROBAKO - Loved learning about the industry to some degree, even if it was depressing in some instances. Entertaining interactions. Loved the character progression, in particular the introduction of characters who you'd initially be super-distasteful towards, but then seeing their fleshing-out and growth into characters you actually cared about. Restored my faith in PA Works after Glasslip. Would bawl my eyes out again, and probably will when I rewatch it.

And then the rest of mine are just a jumble.

Non Non Biyori Repeat - Maximum relaxation, swell explorations of character, more of the boring that we love.

Symphogear GX - Growth of the FIS girls, more incredibly stupid action, great songs. I can't not.

Ore Monogatari! - Refreshing to have a love story come together so early, and then to explore situations with new characters with the element of the this new couple in the midst (I'm having trouble expressing this but I'll leave it that way for now).

The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - Really satisfied with how character growth was handled. Though the plot felt a LOT like it lifted from the structure of the original 2cour iM@S, the usage of more subunit dynamics differentiated it from iM@S's 'each character gets an episode to grow' by giving characters episodes to grow and closely bounce off of others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

pandaK posted:

"Kaz, I'm already an anime..."

(thank you tumblrs)

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
As I noted, I had only tried Glasslip from PA Works before, and had dropped that 2 episodes in, partially because the new guy to the group was a gigantic tool-dick. Hadn't heard much good about it after that. And then when I read Shirobako's premise I was heavily unimpressed by the "anime about making anime" angle, thinking it was cheap and lazy.

I'm so glad I gave it a chance. I went ahead and started my rewatch last night and was amused at noticing the very out-of-focus Jiggly Jiggly Heaven still when Kinoshita was panicking at one point.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Looking on while my roommate watched the first episode of Kill La Kill is why I got back into anime. This is good and bad I guess.

• Locked thread