Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
5. Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works]

I would have guessed this would be higher after the first season, but despite the great animation and setting I loved, it didn't resonate as well to me as the next four shows on my list. Still, I watched it avidly throughout, and am very pleased with Ufotable's work.

4. Durarara!! x2 (s2 p1-2?)

I love Durarara and the second season ramped things up a lot. I particularly liked the addition of Varona and Sloan to the cast. The arcs had their ups and downs; the strongest episodes tended to be the one-offs. I remember the one about Akabayashi to be particularly good. On the other hand, we still haven't gotten to the payoff, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing how it all comes together.

3. Gatchaman Crowds Insight (s2)

Gatchaman Crowds is awesome! I love how stylish and clever everything is. This season was a lot more scathing and harsh than the last one, focusing on people's willingness to abandon personal responsibility and following the crowds just because it's easier for them. The resolution was really shocking. My one complaint is that I didn't feel Tsubasa stood up that well as a new character.

2. Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabukome wa Machigatteiru Zoku (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU s2)

This season was leaps and bounds above the first one, that's for sure. Everything became so much more complicated, and I was always on edge waiting to see if any of them could stop being such screw-ups. I liked how this season really dispelled the cast's self-delusions and got to the core of their personalities. I'm really hoping for one more season. Studio Feel did a pretty great job with the material, too, considering I had never heard of them before.

1. Owarimonogatari

Yeah, I love this series. This season didn't have the same highs as Second Season, but it was a lot more jam packed with meaning than almost any other arc. And that's not to say that it didn't have some great scenes; the climax at the end of Sodachi Lost was incredibly chilling and one of my favorites from the series. The increased focus on Ougi also made everything so much more sinister and nastier.

Turns out everything on my list is a sequel. Kind of disappointing, there were some great new shows too but they can't really fight against the wealth of content from these series.

Honorable mentions: Noragami Aragoto is great, I watched the first season this year as well and I really like its style. Sound! Euphonium was another excellent entry from KyoAni and I do want to see more. The third season of Working was the funniest yet, too bad the coming OVA will finish off the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread