Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

1) Shirobako
2) Ore Monogatari!!
3) Hibike! Euphonium
4) One Punch Man
5) Maria the Virgin Witch

Other near top-5's:

Shimoneta
Prison School
JoJo Egypt Arc
Gatchaman CROWDS Insight
Gundam Reconguista in G

kinda regret dropping off on a bunch of shows this year, since they'd probably be good contenders/i'm seeing them on other posters' lists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

with that attitude i can't see him making it past Kumiko's daydream during health exams

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Julias posted:

To be fair, the beginning part with do-do-donuts almost turned me off of Shirobako, too.

i dunno, it seems kinda cynical to swear off high school/high school girls in anime. i mean the Shirobako intro wasn't great because it was like...amateur anime production, and i'm glad it transcended to something more dramatic/heartwarming and with higher stakes. the doughnut chant is awesome though, as are doughnuts.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Admoon posted:

it was going fine until everyone jumped down that guys throat for daring to not like a popular anime

i mean, if his reason was presented as something other than "i quit watching the show because it was about high school girls," i'd agree. but in general that's a weirdly cynical stance to take, especially when Eupho isn't actually some sort of pandering moe thing.

but i think that thread of discussion has gone as far as it can.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

romance isn't the only point of the show, anyway. it's just as much a competitive club show...just with music instead of sports.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm a big fan of the "Shirobako movie, about making an anime movie" idea somebody posted

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

that's a pretty good top 7, at least

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Judging from some doujins I've caught sight of, it sold well to a different crowd.

part of a friend's haul at comiket...the cover looks pretty and i'm jealous

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the anime original stuff in BBB would've been better without Black/Blank as he was, because White was super likable and i enjoyed her addition/scenes with Leo.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i voted for OPM as a non-normie, and i'm glad the true AOTY won at least in weighted votes

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

kater posted:

Top 3 No Normies Allowed (Any vote for Shirobaka, OPM, JoJo disqualifies)

1. SNAFU S2
3. Owarimonogatari
3. Symphogear GX

Somehow this isn't surprising.

I also checked with just Shirobako/OPM banned and it is *alot* more normie.

1. Jojo
2. SNAFU S2
3. Fate/Stay
4. Euphonium
5. Parasyte
6. Owarimonogatari
7. Symphogear
8. My Love Story
9. Food Wars

This was 20 people in total. There were 5 people that didn't vote for a single top 10 winner.

Shirobako isn't a normie show, but cool nonetheless

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rodyle posted:

MaoucDonalds was great but not better than Kyousougiga.

but it was more popular, and without weighted lists that's what matters :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, i would expect a YQ thread back then to go about as well as the Zvezda one. though i also feel like the first "arc" of YQ is kinda meh, and it's why i dropped it 5 or 6 episodes in the first time.

• Locked thread