Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Namtab posted:

Idgi, and I don't want it explained

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

#1. Shirobako- An all-around great and heartwarming SOL, even managed to make me tear up a few times. Only flaw for is that there isn't more of it to flesh out a few of the characters more.

#2. Gatchaman CROWDS insight- Honestly surpassed the first season for me. I think the ending could've been a bit better, but as a whole it exceeded my expectations.

#3.-#5.: I'll add these if I can actually finish some more shows before the year is out!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

kickascii posted:

Yeah, highschool-girl-centric anime is not my favorite genre. And without this thread I would have Nope'd right out of Shirobako after the do-do-donut cheer, but because of you goons, I stuck with it and ended up enjoying a wonderful series, so thanks!

BTW, the same thing happened in years past with Haruhi, Toradora, Madoka Magica, and Chihayafuru.

lol, "the protagonist is a girl" isn't a genre

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

Nope. But moe-centric poo poo is...well, poo poo.

There, I said it. :colbert:

I probably wouldn't have given Madoka a second thought if episode 3 didn't end the way it did. And I probably wouldn't have gotten past the first episode of Shirobako if it was just K-On! with anime instead of music.

K-On! failed the 3 episode test for me.

You may now bask in your hatred of me. :unsmigghh:

tbh to this day I still dunno what "moe" means so I don't know what you're getting at

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

either "burning" or "sprouting", depending on which kanji you use. hth.

Oh, so Nadesico's OP is about moe. :v:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

it kind of is

I believe it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I didn't get that vibe. The stuff they were working on wasn't groundbreaking, sure, but I think it's a bit much to say that "being doomed to nameless mediocrity" is an underlying theme of the show. Some of the major plotlines are all about trying to make the shows the best they can be, and parts of them like the Exodus finale and the original TAGS scene are presented as having turned out great. The show did address the issues with the creative process (especially in adaptation), the worry about whether the stuff you're making is any good (Aoi in the old office) or will sell, and the very real possibility of everything going to pot (JigglyJiggly), but whenever dealing directly with scenes from the shows and the character's work on them, the tone was positive.

Motto fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

dogsicle posted:

Shirobako isn't a normie show, but cool nonetheless

if I didn't know anime communities I'd say that Shirobako could be a normie show, but it is what it is I suppose.

• Locked thread