Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
5. Symphogear GX
Real fun show as always. I like all the characters and the series uses a sort of perpetual-cliffhanger format that made every week a blast for me. Then I marathoned the series over Thanksgiving weekend on my dad's 50-something-inch TV. It was still as awesome.

4. Hibike! Euphonium
Every moment in a KyoAni show is a splendor to look at, and it's even better when they animate a good story.

3. Oregairu S2 (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU)
A really good show, one that explores themes in psychology and sociology without reducing any of the characters to plot devices or treating the nameless generics like sheep. I want to protect Yui's smile.

2. Owarimonogatari
I'm still sitting on this one because only half the novel has been covered so far, but the way Ougi shepherds Arararagi's introspection has been super interesting. SHAFT blows me away yet again with their presentations of numerous scenes.

1. Non Non Biyori Repeat
Makes me laugh out loud every episode. Best healing anime since Aria.

Honorable Mentions:

Ninja Slayer From Animation: A show with multiple layers of parody, but also genuinely cool moments. Also, a kick-rear end soundtrack.
Koufuku Graffiti: Super comfy with cute girls. I hope SHAFT always does shows like this, because they loving rock at it.
The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season: idols really do capture your heart.
Plastic Memories: I usually skip over these feel-y shows like Clannad, AnoHito, Your Lie in April, etc., but bit on this one because I love the studio. A lot of the side chars were pretty flat imo, but when later episodes focused on the main pairing I really got into it, and cried at the end.

"Oops, I didn't watch it yet" List
Shirobako: sorry. I've seen a lot of MADs, does that count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread