Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

1. Snow White with the Red Hair - Shoujo and disney combined?? Shirayuki is probably one of my top shoujo protagonists ever, and zen-- well he's not terrible, and that probably vaults him to the top of the shoujo boyfriend board. It's also nice to have a princess story where the woman has some agency?? Shirayuki is the conservative ideal of picking herself up by her own bootstraps and not asking for handouts-- she might be on the ticket with Trump this year, has anyone checked. Zen's brother is a prick. if you like shoujo why the gently caress aint you watched this, you fucker
2. Death Parade - Is it weird to call this a procedural? It very much has that feeling of unraveling a whodunit, despite the very weird parlor game/afterlife trappings. It's formulaic as gently caress but it's a really good formula.
3. Yona of the Dawn - Kinda reminds me of Rumiko Takahashi but like, not a knockoff of any kind. It's completely organic. And the way Yona develops over the course of the series is perfectly anticipated over the 24 episode run, leading up to the big KILL SHOT moment of the last story arc. Uhh the only problem is they wrote it as if they were going to have 50 episodes and then when they realized they weren't they were like OH gently caress UHHH WELL HERE'S THE LAST GUY TO SHOW UP AND THEY UH THEY SAVE THE DAY THE END
4. One Punch Man - it's cool
5. Rokka - Okay the ending is loving terrible but the majority of the series is a really cool locked room mystery. unfortunately after further review, the Anime head of officiating says you have to complete the really coolness all the way to the end for it to count. so this one's on the bottom of the top. good hustle

honorable mention
Truthism/Actually I Am - so, it's not as good as the manga it would seem, but it's fairly enjoyable as a silly supernatural high school comedy

shows I haven't watched enough of yet
Shirobako, My Love Story, Maria the Virgin Witch, Parasyte

one episode was too much
Show by Rock - this was bad even before it turned into CG hello kitty whatever the gently caress
Beautiful Bones - a mystery show that's not about mysteries. well, see ya
Perfect Insider - the characters were really uninteresting

favorite ongoing series
The Young Kindaichi Files Returns - Detective Conan except good instead of lovely and with Ace Attorney-quality murder tricks

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

kickascii posted:

Haruhi, Toradora, Madoka Magica, and Chihayafuru.
When I think of shows that belong to the same genre I think of these four shows

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

now watch Snow White with the red hair.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

In Training posted:

Oh poo poo...there was a PaRappa the Rappa anime in 2001...
you know it baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PweFuUlR3-E

• Locked thread